Ho hum. Another attempted face eating.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. From a face-eater thread to a legalization thread! I don't really know where to stand on the "harder than weed" drugs, but I think if they just made marijuana a schedule 2 drug where it was legal with a prescription, I don't think the world would collapse, you would have plenty of tax revenue generated for the .gov and you could still enforce DUI laws for it the same as liquor laws. Just my .02. I think there's too much federal money tied up in law enforcement of marijuana so it'll probably never happen.
I just had to repost this for those that dont read allll the posts...;)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, why aren't you calling for prohibition on any thing that can cause bodily harm?

It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

What we call a modern conservative is as often intellectually dishonest as he is hypocritical.

A modern conservative lives in a strange and cruel world. When THE DEMS WANT TO BAN YOUR CIGARS, it's clearly the result of a nanny state, daddy-knows-best, progressive government gone off the rails. But when the republicans want to ban something similar - for allegedly similar reasons - it's clearly because CONSERVATIVE AMERICAN VALUES AND MORALS are indisputably what's best for the country and we need a good, strong, right-thinking government to uphold and enforce those values.

The "small government, personal responsibility, and freedom/regulate & enforce & expand" dichotomy is either intellectual dishonesty in an attempt to confuse others, or it's an attempt to mollify the cognitive dissonance created in one's own mind from basing his life around a belief system whose two main cores are diametrically incongruous.

A modern conservative doesn't want small government, personal responsibility, freedom or any of the buzzwords they love to project at the sight of any opposition like so much spittle from an angry llama. Modern conservatism is based on one thing and that's fear. They fear change. Change = progress = progressives and progressives are bad (even if we don't know why). They support a strong, far-reaching, and powerful government in order to prop up and enforce each and every facet of what they see as the only correct, good, and viable lifestyle that can exist in a successful nation.

This is mainly how modern conservatives differ from modern liberals. A politically aware liberal is generally honest about what he wants out of government. He'll tell you he wants expanded social programs, well-funded public education, healthcare, various types of civil rights legislation, tight regulation on business and tax increases to fund it all. You can go up to a modern liberal and say "so, you like a strong, far-reaching government?" and he'll say "Yeah, of course. Here's why." Say the same to a conservative, he'll get offended at the implication - right before he gets on a soap box about gays settling down or drug control saving society or women being allowed to make their own healthcare choices and how government should fix it.

As far as the anecdotal drug stories, my how fun and unproductive it would be for me to be a one-upper here. I'll summarize and repeat the main thing I've learned from it all - and that is the vast majority of desperate addicts with destroyed lives I've known went into drugs already mentally ill and suicidal. The drugs didn't do anything but kill them slower than a self-inflicted gunshot would have if they'd gone that route. Serious addiction is generally a just an easily visible symptom of what lies below, and like most conservative "solutions" to social problems, the drug war doesn't address the root cause at all.

:D

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What we call a modern conservative is as often intellectually dishonest as he is hypocritical.

A modern conservative lives in a strange and cruel world. When THE DEMS WANT TO BAN YOUR CIGARS, it's clearly the result of a nanny state, daddy-knows-best, progressive government gone off the rails. But when the republicans want to ban something similar - for allegedly similar reasons - it's clearly because CONSERVATIVE AMERICAN VALUES AND MORALS are indisputably what's best for the country and we need a good, strong, right-thinking government to uphold and enforce those values.

The "small government, personal responsibility, and freedom/regulate & enforce & expand" dichotomy is either intellectual dishonesty in an attempt to confuse others, or it's an attempt to mollify the cognitive dissonance created in one's own mind from basing his life around a belief system that's two main cores are diametrically incongruous.

A modern conservative doesn't want small government, personal responsibility, freedom or any of the buzzwords they love to project at the sight of any opposition like so much spittle from an angry llama. Modern conservatism is based on one thing and that's fear. They fear change. Change = progress = progressives and progressives are bad (even if we don't know why). They support a strong, far-reaching, and powerful government in order to prop up and enforce each and every facet of what they see as the only correct, good, and viable lifestyle that can exist in a successful nation.

This is mainly how modern conservatives differ from modern liberals. A politically aware liberal is generally honest about what he wants out of government. He'll tell you he wants expanded social programs, well-funded public education, healthcare, various types of civil rights legislation, tight regulation on business and tax increases to fund it all. You can go up to a modern liberal and say "so, you like a strong, far-reaching government?" and he'll say "Yeah, of course. Here's why." Say the same to a conservative, he'll get offended at the implication - right before he gets on a soap box about gays settling down or drug control saving society or women being allowed to make their own healthcare choices and how government should fix it.

As far as the anecdotal drug stories, my how fun and unproductive it would be for me to be a one-upper here. I'll summarize and repeat the main thing I've learned from it all - and that is the vast majority of desperate addicts with destroyed lives I've know went into drugs already mentally ill and suicidal. The drugs didn't do anything but kill them slower than a self-inflicted gunshot would have if they'd gone that route. Serious addiction is generally a just an easily visible symptom of what lies below, and like most conservative "solutions" to social problems, the drug war doesn't address the root cause at all.

:D

tl;dr

cliffs?

powersth

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the point that you don't seem to get is that you're a would-be petty tyrant who wants to dictate to others how they live their lives. Maybe not in every respect, but that just makes your desire to rule others a matter of degree.

BTW, since you seem to think Prohibition was a good idea, why don't you explain A) how effective it was, and B) what were the side-effects? Here's a topic starter for you: would Al Capone have been such a wealthy and influential figure if booze had been legal?

Nicely put. I agree 100%. Did he say people die from inhaling too much of their ass gas? And you guys are trying to have a intellectual conversation with this guy?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall anyone claiming they want to see cocaine and heroine legalized. Pot is nothing like those drugs. It is barely more potent that alcohol. Most people on weed are mellow. I know far more mean drunks than I know mean potheads. Sure, there are some, but they don't get invited back to the circle.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outlawing booze has been tried and if they did it again it would not bother me, and I agree . Hell eating a diet beans and cabbage while living in an enclosed space can kill you. (don't laugh it has happened)

From face munching to fart huffing in less than two pages. It's scary out there.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Don't click it - it's probably from the liberal media)
http://www.snopes.com/humor/follies/methane.asp

24.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_m5j6q3DkRy1qbh620o1_500.jpg

That is hilarious!
"three of the rescuers got sick, and one was hospitalized"
It would have been much better if they had turned it into a Three Mile Island type situation, an Airborne Toxic Event.
Don't laugh, "thousands of residents were evacuated."

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From face munching to fart huffing in less than two pages. It's scary out there.

If you see me walkin down the line
With my favorite convenience store in mind
Well I'll be here around supper time
With a bag of bath salts and a bunch of fine

FACE MUNCHERS AND FART HUFFERS, YEAH
Uh huh huh, baby, don't you wanna come with me?

The butt gets loud when I don't eat right
Music piercing through the night
Yeah tryin' to cover up that flatulent blight
But everything stinks when I don't eat right

Ah, smell it boy

I was thinkin I was Rin-Tin-Tin
Lord I thought I my will was gonna give in
Ass soundin' like a bass trombone
Chewin' homeless face like a dog with a bone

- Rev. W.F. Gibbons

Latest posts

Top Bottom