Hog Questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1000 acres near Poteau? i can almost guarantee there will be hogs. thats prime hog country. now you just gotta figure out how to get em.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we should make nonresidents buy a hunting license, regardless. Especially them damn Texans. :)

I agree. If I have to buy a license in TX to kill one of their monumental south TX whitetails, you should have to buy a license to whack one of our monsterous hogs. We love them around here, and we don't just want anyone coming in and killing them. :D

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. If I have to buy a license in TX to kill one of their monumental south TX whitetails, you should have to buy a license to whack one of our monsterous hogs. We love them around here, and we don't just want anyone coming in and killing them. :D

Whitetails?! Hell TX makes you buy a license to hunt feral hogs also! They are now lumped in with exotic species and you must have a small game license to kill them!

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hogs move around alot and unless someone is feeding them for you to keep them in the area, they may not even be on the place you have access to when you are there.

That is an EXCELLENT piece of advice and something I remind/tell anybody of when trying to hog hunt.

Hogs are very nomadic. One week there will be 50 on the place, the next week NOTHIN! Gaining access is half the battle, catching them actually on the place is the other. UNLESS, as mentioned someone is baiting them for you and keeping them on that property.

I hate hogs, but I gotta hand it to them, sometimes they can be damned tough to hunt/find with no bait/attractant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom