Holster for Elsie Pea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a gun shop today looking for a holster for my new Taurus 709 and got to talking to the guy about the LCP. He had one on him in a nice leather holster. I told him about the holster I saw at the gun show where you can shoot it right in the holster - it has two finger holes built into the holster and the trigger is exposed. I think it is made by Looper Leather.

He told me that holster was not legal and required an ATF tax stamp to use.

Can someone on here verify this?

Thanks

B

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks LC, I always wondered about those. I don't know why anyone would want the first one, that would make it a single shot, and almost certainly either tear up the "wallet" or jam the gun.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks LC, I always wondered about those. I don't know why anyone would want the first one, that would make it a single shot, and almost certainly either tear up the "wallet" or jam the gun.
The first one is for a derringer, not an LCP.

The ATF decided on the wallet holster thing in 1996, if anyone's feeling Googly.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legal issues aside...what's the point of the holster??

If I'm pocket carrying I want a pocket holster that keeps the trigger safe from being accidently pulled, keeps the trigger group and barrel clean, and faciliates easy removal from my pocket to fire.

That holster accomplishes NONE of those things.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legal issues aside...what's the point of the holster??

If I'm pocket carrying I want a pocket holster that keeps the trigger safe from being accidently pulled, keeps the trigger group and barrel clean, and faciliates easy removal from my pocket to fire.

That holster accomplishes NONE of those things.

The derringer holster rides in the hip pocket, it's a last ditch type item for robbery scenarios when you are told to give up your wallet. Thus you are expected to reach into your hip pocket. It gives you a hail marry shot option.

My cousin was under sherriff for a county up in kansas he carried a glock 17 un his side a 5 shot snubbie in an ankle holster a subcombact glock 9mm in his windbreaker pocket and a 2shot 22mag derringer in a wallet holster. He kept his wallet in his front pocket.

He was off duty one time up in Wichita on personal business when he was held up at gun point and asked for his wallet. Unable to reach under his shirt he used the wallet gun with great success, it gave him the edge to move and draw his primary concealed glock 17 and survive the encounter unharmed. It looks like a wallet when being drawn and presented to someone.

YMMV

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The derringer holster rides in the hip pocket, it's a last ditch type item for robbery scenarios when you are told to give up your wallet. Thus you are expected to reach into your hip pocket. It gives you a hail marry shot option.

My cousin was under sherriff for a county up in kansas he carried a glock 17 un his side a 5 shot snubbie in an ankle holster a subcombact glock 9mm in his windbreaker pocket and a 2shot 22mag derringer in a wallet holster. He kept his wallet in his front pocket.

He was off duty one time up in Wichita on personal business when he was held up at gun point and asked for his wallet. Unable to reach under his shirt he used the wallet gun with great success, it gave him the edge to move and draw his primary concealed glock 17 and survive the encounter unharmed. It looks like a wallet when being drawn and presented to someone.

YMMV

Well I understand why you would pocket carry. I pocket carry a snub colt .38 on a fairly regular basis.

What I meant was why would anyone want the holsters shown ( with exposed trigger area and exposed barrel ) that were linked to in the beggining of the thread. It just doesn't seem like they actually do any of the things that I think a pocket holster should do. You might as well carry it with no holster if your going to carry with that.

This holster option just makes no sense to me.
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom