Holy Crap the does are back!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the killing fields today to collect trail cam cards(remember to turn the camera back on when changing the cards)
So, no pics to look at but driving around the wheat fields, there were tons of does out on the wheat. Probably in anticipation of the coming hard freeze tonight.
Counted 17 in one group.
Come on Christmas doe gun season! I'll get out this coming weekend with the bow.:D

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im also seeing alot of does dennis.. I actually almost stuck a nice buck on thursday morning that was chasing a fawn..Had the fawn at 20 and the buck at 40, I was on the ground and she pegged me and wind was swirling bad, she took off and I drew and he ran by and would not stop at 25 yards.. Went back after him Saturday and had 3 other bucks in the area and they to were chasing a fawn, not sure what happend to the big buck. glad the cold's here deer are alot easier to pattern..

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a new 480 acre hunting lease last week. I went out and put a cam up on a monster tree rub and when i turned the cam on it said ....... Card full!:crying:
I got to go back out tomorrow evening and load a new card now. Got the lease for cutting the cedar trees. Farmer said if it takes 10 years oh well it takes ten years. I cut about 50 trees today and WOW does that suck. It will take ten years.
:Heya:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a new 480 acre hunting lease last week. I went out and put a cam up on a monster tree rub and when i turned the cam on it said ....... Card full!:crying:
I got to go back out tomorrow evening and load a new card now. Got the lease for cutting the cedar trees. Farmer said if it takes 10 years oh well it takes ten years. I cut about 50 trees today and WOW does that suck. It will take ten years.
:Heya:

You guys are infested with those eastern red cedars.
Shame the landowners didn't take care of them when it started.
We had a small problem with them, but have totally eliminated them so far.
If we see em we cut them. On occasion when pheasant hunting I'll see a small one growing. A shot with a 12 ga at the base of the tree is enough to kill the tree.:hey3:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went last night and about 4:30 2 big black dogs came chasing deer through the area. They started barking hard in one spot on the creek and I figured they had one cornered so I got down and went to the truck to get a rifle and drive down there. I never could find them but saw no deer after they ran them through. I had lots of pics of deer on the camera in the evening especially but the dogs ruined it last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom