Home Defense Caliber Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which caliber for dedicated home defense?

• Total voters

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Claymore mine!! This is one of those questions with a million answers. The fnx 45 you already have will get the job done . If you want one or all the others quit trying to justify it( refer to previous sentence in my mini rant) and get em all !! :cool: That way six days down the road you have
1667777700779.png
!!!

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all are making it hard for me to justify getting into a new caliber. I may just stick with the FNX for inside the house, and have a suppressed 5.56 on a sling in case I have to move outside.

Maybe I’ll take the money I just saved and buy one of those MP5 clones. Always wanted a roller lock…

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The handgun is easier to store and access on a bedside table. Long gun can be locked up a little tighter or in a less accessible place.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9mm at bedside...but really, I'm not the one you'd have to worry about. The dog is WAY faster than I am, and she is always ready.

In the horrible event that an intruder was armed and managed to get the better of my dog? Yeah, I'm moving straight to 60 rnds of 5.56 on standby, and you're effed. Cinder-block walls, and 60' of long dark hallway to get at me from the closest entrance. Fish in a barrel.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does not matter what caliber it is really as long as you can get to it and put it on target and know that it is reliable and will fire when you need it to.

45 will kill as will a .22 or 12 gauge or 410.
A rifle or shotgun by the bedside is a bit harder to maneuver if you had to roll off the side of the bed because you were being shot at.

No need to buy another gun for HD if you have one already.

I would think about getting more ammo or reloading supplies.
Then again for HD you really do not need more ammo than say a couple boxes and some spare mags.

I do not expect a fire fight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom