Home defense firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

firearmsforlife

ldp4570 said:
"illegal comment" really?????? You might want to re-read the bill of rights(focus on number 1).

Not an illegal comment , im aware of the freedom of speech, but all hisopinion consist of was something that was illegal, CLAYMORES, thats just stupid, this thread was built to supply real firearm owners with knowledge on defense firearms, although i did enjoy the post about the cat.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new here, and I am in the same boat. I have shot different handguns in the past but I have never owned one. I've been doing tons of reading on caliber, capacity, safeties, etc. What I boiled it down to is reliability then accuracy (both the pistol and the operator), followed by capacity and caliber. That might not be the "right" answer, but it's what I figured out for myself. I really enjoy shooting my dad's Kimber Pro-Carry series 1 and I am pretty good with it, but I am not sure a 1911 is the best choice for someone less familiar with firearms. With my wife just learning to shoot, I also don't know about her using one, even though she said she really loves that gun as well. I think I will get her her own gun, as she as smaller hands and might not be able to hold the same guns I can with the same comfort level. Last weekend we rented an XD 9mm and M&P .40 compact at 2A. We both preferred the XD, me due to the trigger feel and her I think was due to the snappiness of the .40 combined with the smaller frame. This weekend we are going to try a couple of .45s, including her shooting the Kimber for the 1st time.

I know I sort of hijacked your thread, and I apologize. I was about to make a similar topic but this was really close to what I was going to talk about.
My wife, who is very small, prefers a 1911. She thinks that the recoil is less snappy than my .40 and even my 9 mm. She also like the idea of making a big hole if she has to use it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem pal, and if you have any questions you can ask me, i have shot well over 100 handguns and i have family in law enforcment and military so when it comes to home defense i know what it takes. First of all your going to hear about stopping power alot, but that truly isn't very important (you don't have to have a handcannon to defend yourself, you just need a good calibered handgun/rifle/shotgun) i mean a .45 will knock someone down, but so will a bb gun if you shoot someone in the eye, something thats more important then anything is capacity, an not alot of people well say that; but heres why its important, even some of the top trained combatants in the world freak out in a gunfight. Meaning your blood is pumping and you just start shooting and your accuracy is out of control. Thats why a single fire or a pump might not be the best choice. Personally i believe that semi-automatic is the best because you can fire multipule rounds. Caliber is one of the least important things, my brother ( ex USMC) used a custom ruger 10/22 .22lr caliber rifle for self defense for a long time.

Sounds like you got some purdy solid credentials. I think you must be a new operator to this theater...Ninja-Delta-SEAL-Ranger-Force Recon background? Or can you even divulge that? I do have a couple of questions though. (1.) You said that even some of top trained combatants in the world freak out in a gunfight and that capacity is most important. Is that from first-hand experience (in other words; did you freak out?) or is it something you heard from some of your family in the military and law enforcement?
(2.) Have you personally been in a gunfight? Not an imaginary one; a real one?

F

firearmsforlife

I would be happy to awnser you questions. First of all my little brother owns this account but i did make this thread, i was in the USMC for 5 of my 8 year enlistment when i was recomended by some of my superiors and was put in ***** force. Yes i have been in a real gunfight along with my brother (he is 15) when some thug broke in our house ( when my dad leaves town i come to stay with my brothe and my mother because my mom gets nervous alone) my brother freaked and shot 10 rounds down a halfway and none of the shots were with in a 2 foot group ( ge has been shooting 9mms since he was 3.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is great. I thought the thread went downhill when someone said the Judge was a nice gun, in the context of home defense....but it has new life now.

What the heck is *****force?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be happy to awnser you questions. First of all my little brother owns this account but i did make this thread, i was in the USMC for 5 of my 8 year enlistment when i was recomended by some of my superiors and was put in ***** force. Yes i have been in a real gunfight along with my brother (he is 15) when some thug broke in our house ( when my dad leaves town i come to stay with my brothe and my mother because my mom gets nervous alone) my brother freaked and shot 10 rounds down a halfway and none of the shots were with in a 2 foot group ( ge has been shooting 9mms since he was 3.

Bullsh!t. It doesn't happen that way and every vet in here knows it. You're full of bullsh!t; plain and simple. I hope your little brother finds out you got into his account, made yourself look like a fool with your bullsh!t stories about *****farce, made him him look like an idiot, and he kicks your fairy-tale-tellin'-ass.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I seriously doubt that. I was, and I got the DD 214 to prove it. You need to get on down the road before you piss the real vets and LEOs and the other real people off even more. Nothing worse than a punk ass imposter except maybe a child molester. Hit the freakin' trail; we don't need your B.S. here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom