Homeowners Ass. Wants Marines Family To Take Down Banner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Case Of Selective Enforcement?

.....""It shocks me greatly," Burr said, noting that lawns in the small military community -- situated right near the Barksdale Air Force Base -- have signs supporting everything from sports teams to local schools.".....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/2...owners-association-over-banner-honoring-sons/
Louisiana Couple Sued by Homeowners' Association Over Banner Honoring Son's Military Service
Published July 25, 2011 | FoxNews.com

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just dont get why people live within those associations but yet refuse to abide by their rules. I am all for anyone expressing their patriotism, but rules and rules and they chose to live by them.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just dont get why people live within those associations but yet refuse to abide by their rules. I am all for anyone expressing their patriotism, but rules and rules and they chose to live by them.

Did you read the article? Like I said above, it sounds like a case of selective enforcement.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the article, and watched the video. I agree 100% that its selective enforcement. But the convenant is still there and they are violating it, along with all the other neighbors. If I was making the rules for a neighborhood association this would not be an issue though. Seems to me that family has the support from many of their neighbors, wonder why the prez is making a stink about them and not the others? I dont think the lawsuit is going to get very far, especially when they are being singled out.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice thing about my neighborhood is the fact that they forgot to send the HOA packet to the closing and I have yet to sign anything.....As far as their rules go I am not in a binding contract. I pay my dues to allow me access to the amenities of the neighborhood, but cannot be fined for rule violations due to a mistake on their part. Even after requesting the HOA packet twice I have not received it or a contract to sign.......BTW, I fallow most rules, but have never been fined for violation of any.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they really want to fight it, they should agree to the HOA enforcement and take theirs down. Then in 6 months or so, sue the HOA for failure to abide by the binding agreement (selective enforcement) and petition a judge to have the agreement nullified. They can demonstrate that they acted in good faith and the HOA did not. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom