Hornady Lock-n-Load AP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using my L&LAP for over a year now, loading .45acp, .06, .40 .223, and .243WSSM.
Haven't had any primer problems or any problems at all for that matter. I'm using RCBS dies that have been used on the single stage.
This is my first progressive, and I'm very satisfied.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just loaded up 200 rds of .380 ACP for the first time on that press. They turned out great. Its a good press. If you need a 9mm shellplate let me know and I'll send you one. Just PM me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just loaded up 200 rds of .380 ACP for the first time on that press. They turned out great. Its a good press. If you need a 9mm shellplate let me know and I'll send you one. Just PM me.

Oh yea? :tounge: Well I just finished 500 rounds 9mm. :owned3:
And tomorrow I'm going to load up 100 more and then next week I have to go see Mitch because Ill be out of boolits. :scream:

But tomorrow also will be .38 Special day. :woot:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks - might take you up on that - but for starters I need .44 mag, .45acp, and .357 (#30,#45, and #6).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't have the dies yet, but a bud gave me 500+ rounds of .380 brass. I'd like to reload them.

What is your recipie?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the dies yet, but a bud gave me 500+ rounds of .380 brass. I'd like to reload them.

What is your recipie?

My recipe ain't much and I haven't shot them yet. They are 100gr Berry's plated over 2.7gr of Titegroup using new Starline brass. Hopefully I can shoot them Monday and I'll give you an update on how they are in my LCP. I picked this load cuz its supposedly a powder puff and its for my fiancee to practice with.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of tweaks I've made to mine are:
RCBS low primer alarm
Put a dime or a better yet a hardened steel slug under the primer punch
Get a powder through expander from http://www.powderfunnels.com/
Make a primer tube filler out of a Lee auto prime
Don't use the Hornady roll crimp on pistol dies, use a Lee taper crimp.
If you get the case feeder use the #6 shell block on 9mm
I added the Dillon aluminum roller handle to mine.
Get a bigger Akro bin for bullet collection
Use a small water bottle with the cap drilled for the tube to collect spent primers.
Once you get it dialed in it's a great machine. I load a round about every 4 secs with a case feeder. Ezject has done alot for the LNL since the old wire ejecter.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RCBS low primer alarm
Use a small water bottle with the cap drilled for the tube to collect spent primers.
Once you get it dialed in it's a great machine. I load a round about every 4 secs with a case feeder. Ezject has done alot for the LNL since the old wire ejecter.
How did you mount the dillon handle? I've been thinking about doing that to mine but I wanted to see and hear how it was done from somebody locally. Would you mind posting up a pick of it? Thanks.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used several washers to get the spacing right. I'll get a pic and post it tomorrow.

How did you mount the dillon handle? I've been thinking about doing that to mine but I wanted to see and hear how it was done from somebody locally. Would you mind posting up a pick of it? Thanks.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RCBS low primer alarm

Good advice; I was looking at that powder through expander from powderfunnels right after I ordered the press; does it just work with the Hornady powder through die?

Latest posts

Top Bottom