Hot Dog!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a purist also. Bun, dog, mustard. Done.

Also, how do they get crinkle fries to stick to a hot dog??
In Korea, I would be more concerned about what is in their hotdog.

Sticking fries on a corn dog … has to have something to do with the batter on the corn dog. Have to say, I really like a good (beef ) corn dog. But fries on it? Naw.

I agree on a beef frank, fresh bun and French’s Brown Mustard. Perfection.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coney Island in Capital Hill is the BEST. End of discussion.lol
Chili, onions, and mustard. These are the only acceptable things allowed on a hotdog. If these are not available, then mustard and relish. Class dismissed.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://hofmannsausage.com/

Hoffman’s original hot dogs are the best. Made in casings like sausage. Red or white. Ball park franks are the cheap stuff. Not real dogs after I tried hoffmans. I’m spoiled now. The typical dogs sold locally don’t cut it anymore.

When I worked in NY years ago, the street vendors sold them. Mostly sold in stores back East. But can buy in Dallas I think.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We spend a lot of time on the road. Every so often I just crave a truck stop dog.
Jalapeno and cheese sausage off the roller grill, mustard from a pack mostly, onions occasionally from a pack, some nacho cheese and truck stop from the machine nacho cheese.
Gotta eat it with a knife and fork and a dozen napkins.
Most of the time try to eat responsibly, but that urge hits me on occasion.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://hofmannsausage.com/

Hoffman’s original hot dogs are the best. Made in casings like sausage. Red or white. Ball park franks are the cheap stuff. Not real dogs after I tried hoffmans. I’m spoiled now. The typical dogs sold locally don’t cut it anymore.

When I worked in NY years ago, the street vendors sold them. Mostly sold in stores back East. But can buy in Dallas I think.
Yes! Hofmann’s with the natural (old world … German style) casing that “snaps” when you bite it. I think they will ship.

Had a neighbor who ranted and raved about another NY (Buffalo) hotdog … Sahlen’s. I thought they were OK. I tried a Schwab’s a few weeks back. Red casing … good but not great. My favorite is Vienna Beef out of Chicago.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At home we like Nathan`s and when we`re out and about we love the Coney Depot in Broken Arrow, great product and awesome folks!

Coney Depot.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom