62 dogs in 10 minutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad did a stint at a slaughterhouse when he was in veterinary school. He always said that some things were made for eating and some were made for selling. He was a firm believer that hot dogs and ANY lunch meat type product was DEFINITELY made for selling. 😏😏

We used to have to drive past an old slaughterhouse when going out to my dad's practice (you OGs from Duncan might remember the old Ridley's Packing Plant east of town on Main Street) and the smell alone when they were processing was enough to make a believer outta me. 😖😖😖
The actor James Best, who played Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane on the Dukes of Hazzard, wrote that he once worked in a meat processing plant and he agreed with your father.
The dog he had in the TV show (named Flash) was his own dog and he trained the pooch with little pieces of hot dog.
James Best wrote that he wouldn't eat one himself but Flash would do whatever was required on the set for a piece of hot dog.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
download (12).png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bar S is across from Goodyear. The smell of rubber is bad, but when the wind blows from the NE (luckily, rarely) the smell from Bare Ass will knock maggots off a gut wagon. Hmmmmm, maybe it is part of their process.

Papa wouldn't touch a hotdogs. Said a hotdog was what was left AFTER everything edible was used, then the turds and toenails were removed. Bare Ass uses the turd and toenail.

I was a big eater, when younger. But only on good food. Was asked to leave an all you can eat shrimp dinner, TWICE. (2 different places)
A place in Houston had an All you can Eat quail, took Dad for his birthday dinner. I had 23, Dad had 3. He asked our waitress if I was setting a record? She laughed, "not even close, 39 was record."

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bar S is across from Goodyear. The smell of rubber is bad, but when the wind blows from the NE (luckily, rarely) the smell from Bare Ass will knock maggots off a gut wagon. Hmmmmm, maybe it is part of their process.

Papa wouldn't touch a hotdogs. Said a hotdog was what was left AFTER everything edible was used, then the turds and toenails were removed. Bare Ass uses the turd and toenail.

Ha! That's EXACTLY how Ridley's smelled. There were a row of houses down the side street past the west side of the plant. People LIVED in those houses!!! 😳😖😳😖😳😖😳😖😖😖 Can you imagine?? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it. 🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛

Latest posts

Top Bottom