House Bills stuck in Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remind these "representatives" and "senators" that no committee nor house leader has the power to keep a bill from being heard and voted on on the floor of each house. The only person in our state government with the power to veto a bill is the governor, and even a governor's veto can be overridden by the Representatives and Senators. No one can just kill a bill. No committee can kill a bill - in fact there is no provision in the Oklahoma Constitution for any such committees to exist - let alone have any powers! Read Article V, Section 34, of the Oklahoma Constitution.

Woody

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Life Member of the NRA but shouldn't he be more concerned with what people in Oklahoma support?

He should, but he's more concerned with where he's going to go after his next term. I'm pretty sure he also knows that the NRA doesn't get involved in state issues very often.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some churches share parking lots with public schools.

I am unaware of any that actually share a lot with a school, at least in Moore school district. They may be adjacent to a school and allow parking, such as Westmoore school, but not a "joint" parking lot. I did email them, as I have to park off campus and walk to pick up my kids, which sucks if I am checking out a sick kid, or weather is bad, and got the same kiss-off email which did not make me feel any better, that is one bill I really want passed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am unaware of any that actually share a lot with a school, at least in Moore school district. They may be adjacent to a school and allow parking, such as Westmoore school, but not a "joint" parking lot. I did email them, as I have to park off campus and walk to pick up my kids, which sucks if I am checking out a sick kid, or weather is bad, and got the same kiss-off email which did not make me feel any better, that is one bill I really want passed.

Several churches in small towns located adjacent to school property either don't have parking lots or have lots of insufficient size resulting in people being forced to choose between parking on school property or parking several blocks away.

Some older churches with only curbside parking get their parking seized for street widening projects, sometimes even with ordinances that don't allow the sides of the widened street to be used for parking.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard from Barrington's office. . .HB 2617 passed out of committee this morning and, according to her, will be heard on the floor in the coming weeks.

This is the bill that would remove most .gov buildings from the prohibited places list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom