Houston dad shoots, kills boy found inside daughter’s bedroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it was dark. I would suspect when he entered the room he hit the light switch.

Nothing in the story indicates that.

A Houston-area father fatally shot a 17-year-old boy who was inside his teen daughter's bedroom early Thursday morning, MyFoxHouston.com reported.

The father, who was not identified, was notified by one of his children that there was someone in his 16-year-old daughter's room, the report said. He reportedly found his daughter in bed with the teen.

The confrontation occurred around 2:20 a.m. The father had a gun and asked the teen to identify himself, police said, according to the report. His daughter reportedly told her father that she did not know the teen and that the two were not in bed.

The father said he told the teen not to move, but reportedly saw the teen reach for something, at which point police say the father opened fire. The teen did not have a gun. His daughter later confessed that she did indeed know the teen, the report said.

"You just feel terrible for the families," one neighbor told the station. "You just kind of reflect on both of these families’ lives have changed forever."

The father was taken by ambulance from the home for treatment of an unrelated medical situation. So far no arrests have been made, but detectives told the station that they are going to refer the case to a grand jury.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/1...hoots-teen-inside-daughters-room-report-says/

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We don't want to admit it, but there is a double standard. You're a mother talking about her sons. This is a dad dealing with his daughter. Like it or not, there IS a difference! :anyone:

Haha! You didn't see BB with her boys. She was pretty rough on them. And though she says she couldn't wait for them to grow up I was witness to a few tears when they left home one by one. (You didn't hear that from me.)

t_towner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, seriously tragic.

And seriously glad it didn't happen to me...

Now I have 6 kids. 4 oldest boys and two little girls (11yrs old and younger). You better believe this story will be told over and over in our house over the next few weeks.

Boys, keep the blood in the right head. Girls, he ain't worth it.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A father is told that there is a boy in his daughter's room. He enters the room, and finds a boy in her bed. The girl is not screaming her head off, or at least not before daddy came a knocking. Any reasonable person would know exactly what's going on. Shooting an unarmed kid that is not posing a threat is always problematic. Daddy may be in serious trouble.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it was dark. I would suspect when he entered the room he hit the light switch. Maybe not though.

Still very very sad.

That was my first thought, but then remembered; we had ceiling fans in every bedroom. The switch is on and the fan is on. The light has to be turned on by pulling the chain on the light, so MAYBE the light was not on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom