How do you store your HD shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't really grow up around guns. We only had one gun that I remember, as my mom got a .38 revolver after the Killeen Luby's incident, but if I ever asked to see it she would go get it down from the top of the closet and let me see it. One time I got it down while I was digging around for guitar stuff in my parent's closet, it was in the standard black pistol case, which happens to look just like a microphone case. It used to be in a pistol rug so I had no idea what I was opening. It was unloaded and I examined it for a minute (I didn't pick it up, I figured my mom would find out somehow if I picked it up), noticed it was unloaded (it normally was loaded), and put it back up.
My dad bought me a .22 for $40 or so, I got to shoot it some with my uncle right after my dad bought it. Afterwards I had no idea where that thing was and nobody ever volunteered to take us out shooting, so I never really cared about it. I had BB guns and pellet guns, and I could shoot those in the back yard all day long. ;)

In junior high I had a classmate get shot in the back of the head by one of his friends. The deceased knew to leave his parents' guns alone, but his friend was visiting the house, found the gun, got the gun down, thought it was empty, and tried it out on the deceased's head across the room.

You can plan on your kids, but you can't plan on neighbor kid little Johnny not knowing crap about firearms. Keep the loaded guns locked up tight and keep the key with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom