HOW?? DOES THE IRS ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The agents that process tax forms are entry level and are paid less than folks working at McDonalds make. The exception is when the irs wants to target someone, then the big guns come out and senior agents attack.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can irs.png

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2004 we filed and were awaiting a refund. Several months passed, no refund, no explanation. One day my wife was checking her bank account online. She let out a scream and said almost $7000 was missing from her checking account. The bank said the account was garnished by the IRS.

A short time later we received a letter from the IRS. The letter explained the money was taken from the account, and our 2004 refund of around $4000 was "intercepted", for not filing our 2003 tax return. So they "estimated" our taxes and took what they thought we owed. After months of trying to get an answer I finally got someone on the phone. He gave us the same canned response. I asked him to stop and think about the IRS explanation for a moment... How could a refund be intercepted if we hadn't filed our return in order to get said refund? He basically said that's how the system was designed to work. Naturally it didn't make any sense.

This went on until 2009 tax year taxes were filed in 2010. Over 5 years of returns were filed and nearly $20000 seized by the IRS. Phone calls, letters from us and attorneys, copies of returns sent, etc... Nothing satisfied those a**holes.

We finally got an IRS advocate assigned to our case after the IRS basically said they were washing their hands of the issue until it was time to take the next step in the enforcement action plan. We could clear all this up by filing our returns and paying what was due.

So after a few more months of back and forth we finally found the issue. Since we married in 1989 we'd filed jointly listing my name first on the return. When we filed our 2003 return (in 2004) we listed my wife first because she'd become the primary earner due to a career change. That's right... The IRS couldn't reconcile that Wife/Husband was the same as returns previously filed as Husband/Wife. No s**t...that was the problem according to the advocate.

We were assured we'd get all the money we were due once all the returns were properly processed. The nearly $7000 was returned to my wife with a whopping $88 interest accrued over 6 years. Our refund checks started trickling in about one per month over 6 or 7 months.

When the whole thing was nearing a resolution some dude flew his plane into an IRS office building in Austin. I told one of the IRS thugs on the phone I wished it was a bigger f***ing plane.

I hate that agency as much as is humanly possible.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went thru a similar issue with the state of Colorado. I paid various business taxes. The state said I didn't. I provided cancelled checks and receipts. The state said too bad. They did it again for another tax period. I had to pay twice a second time because they absolutely would not admit to being wrong and claimed receipts and copies of bank records and cancelled checks could be fabricated. There was no way to win. I finally gave up.

About 5 years later, after I'd moved to Idaho, I was checking the website where you can find out if the state has money for you from various sources...closed accounts, unclaimed refunds, etc...

Lo and behold, there was my name with like $1800 due from the CO Dept of Revenue. Apparently the stupid f***ers finally figured it out. It took almost a year after filing the claim for the money but I got it back. Of course there was no extra for interest.

This is a letter I sent to them. I wasn't happy:

1716660291770.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like wiring a car it is not hard just 1 wire at a time.
Not hard to file paperwork. I do not care how much they get that is their job and it is just 1 at a time until finished.

Not rocket science.

You lost it so you find it or let me speak to the manager in charge that has not taught you how to use a computer and find simple stuff.
Yeah, I'm in that camp. You lost it, you find it, I'll wait,

Tapping Feet GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happened to me in 2018. I did a paper return for 2018. In 2019, I tried to do an electronic return, & they denied it because they said I never sent one in for 2018. Called them & told them, I sure did file for 2018, cause you cashed my check! Sent them copies of the check & the certified mail acceptance receipt. They said sorry, mail another copy of the 2018 return, because we can’t find the original. So I sent it in again & havnt heard from them since.
House hasn’t been raided yet. So far so good.
Don't fret, they will get to you, use time wisely to get your dogs body armor. Oh, my bad, that's the ATF Little Rockin' Squad. Hard to differentiate government goons.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the government has access to your bank account and can deposit money, it can also remove money.
Maybe they can get to some hoity toity people in Washington DC like Al Sharpton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom