How far should political correctness take us?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. Every American deserves rights just as you do.

Agree as well. However, some things have gone too far in the name of political correctness and crossed the line into violating religious belief. For example, Civil Unions verses Marriage for homosexual relationships. I've got no problem with homosexuals creating a Civil Union that has the same rights as the marriage between a man and a women - just don't call it a marriage.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. Every American deserves rights just as you do.

I agree, as long as the people with strongly held religious beliefs rights are not infringed. There is a large amount of people who still believe it is a sin, and that is their right. In this argument there are two diametrically opposed groups and each has the right to their belief.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, and fully support your rights to your beliefs... until you use those beliefs to belittle or infringe the beliefs of another citizen. Just as a a baker shouldn't be forced to bake a gay wedding cake, that same baker shouldn't force their definitions on someone else's beliefs.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, and fully support your rights to your beliefs... until you use those beliefs to belittle or infringe the beliefs of another citizen. Just as a a baker shouldn't be forced to bake a gay wedding cake, that same baker shouldn't force their definitions on someone else's beliefs.

Your not forcing your beliefs on someone else by simply refusing to do something. The baker could have simply said he wasn't interested in making the cake. That should be the end of the story because the baker doesn't owe anyone an explanation about the "why" he won't do something.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your not forcing your beliefs on someone else by simply refusing to do something. The baker could have simply said he wasn't interested in making the cake. That should be the end of the story because the baker doesn't owe anyone an explanation about the "why" he won't do something.

I'd like to explain the point you just missed, but I'm not up for trolling tonight.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baker, preacher, or a locksmith, you don't have the right to force someone to do something against their beliefs. Granting rights based on sexuality is meaningless except for those who wear it on their sleeves. There are very few instances where someone would even know if someone is homo/hetero without advertising it. If the wedding cake scenario was turned on its head and someone went to an openly gay baker and asked for a cake with verses from the bible that says homosexuality is an abomination and the baker refused, would there be the same outrage? Anyone can find ways to get their feeling hurt if they try hard enough. If someone doesn't want your business, move on there will be someone who needs the work.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Caojyn's Bakery
Rules:
1. 2nd Amendment friendly (Genetic Males only)
2. All chocolate cakes will be superior to white cakes
3. Do not ask for "wedding cakes," we only sell government approved "union cakes"
4. All kid's meals come with free vaccines
5. LEO's get free coffee and baked goods (made extra "good")
6. This establishment uses peanuts (take your allergies and inferior genetics elsewhere)
7. Hale Satan

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree as well. However, some things have gone too far in the name of political correctness and crossed the line into violating religious belief. For example, Civil Unions verses Marriage for homosexual relationships. I've got no problem with homosexuals creating a Civil Union that has the same rights as the marriage between a man and a women - just don't call it a marriage.

Why not?

Latest posts

Top Bottom