How is central Oklahoma fixed for good gunstores?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck with your venture, live your dream, and make it reality! Life is too short, anything that is really worth while will have a risk. Shawnee is a good town, the gun shop that comes to mind is B&M, Bill Sanchez who owns it, is a great guy, and he is a 07 SOT.

There are some pawn shops, but they just sell weapons part time and only do that to get people in the Pawn shop, to pawn or sell other things, they do not service what they sell. Shawnee will grow, and haveing a shop started during its growth is a good thing.

As many have said, if you have a talent that other don't have, then there is your edge.

I wish you luck, I am sure you will do well.

Teufeldoc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck with your venture, live your dream, and make it reality! Life is too short, anything that is really worth while will have a risk. Shawnee is a good town, the gun shop that comes to mind is B&M, Bill Sanchez who owns it, is a great guy, and he is a 07 SOT.

There are some pawn shops, but they just sell weapons part time and only do that to get people in the Pawn shop, to pawn or sell other things, they do not service what they sell. Shawnee will grow, and haveing a shop started during its growth is a good thing.

As many have said, if you have a talent that other don't have, then there is your edge.

I wish you luck, I am sure you will do well.

Thanks brother. I saw B&M in my searches for local shops in Shawnee. Good to hear feedback that he is a solid guy.

I didn't discount pawn shops out of hand when looking..... but I know they're not in the business of keeping guns and accessories around as a primary draw. I don't know how the shops are out there, but there aren't really any deals to be had in the ones out here. Most of them want near new prices on used guns and really don't want to talk to you unless you have money out and ready to buy.

S/F
Terry

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jim's Pawn Shop, in Fayetteville, NC gradually transitioned from a crappy "Yadkin rd. GI Pawn Shop" into one of the largest retail arms dealers on the East coast. The Pawn thing payed the bills untill the retail gun sales took over by the early '90's. I stopped by in '96 and ran in to one of my old Team Sgts. By then, a retired SGM working armed security and Wilson sales for a gun shop, making more than he did while in. http://jimsgunwarehouse.com/store/

The point being that a carefully managed Pawnshop (Or whatever else that could be connected) can cover the money part of the business, while the gun part gets going. Takes a hard heart and sharp eye though.

And, chicks dig gunshop owners!

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check out Lawton. I don't live there anymore, but back when I did a person had to drive to Duncan for a decent gun store. Unless things have changed, I believe a good store with an indoor range would be a good investment at Lawton.

For the most part, I think everyone in Lawton buys their handguns at Uncle Sam's Pawn. To even call it a pawn shop is laughable, because they're pretty much a full gunshop now. My only beef with them is that they kind of rape their customers who don't know any better in some of their pricing, but there's not much other options besides them and a handful of other pawn/gun shops.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Choctaw. For my job, I drive around all day and spend about 90% of my time in Del City, Midwest City, Spencer, Nicoma Park, Choctaw & Harrah. I do go to Shawnee a few times per month too. The east side of the metro could use a quality gun store. I don't think McLoud would be a good choice though. That's a little too isolated IMO. Midwest City or Choctaw would be a good area. Choctaw is really building up with some money over the past decade and it's still growing.

I get tired of driving all the way over to H&H (about 20 miles) to look at some guns but my 5 year old son loves all the animals. Outdoor America will be closed by the time you move back. I don't care who says Fred's wife plans to keep the store open. I was there Saturday and it's not going to last. Brigadoon used to sell over here but no longer do. Gunworld is a joke at best. I'm not that familiar with Shawnee but it should be a big enough community to support a gun shop. But at the rate they are building houses and the types of homes they're building in Choctaw, it's just a matter of time before someone puts in a gun shop out here.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple nice stores in the metro not mentioned are Big Boys guns and ammo, Mustang Gun and Pawn, Savage Trading Company, and Gene Sears in El Reno.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work and live in Shawnee.
Two gunshops come to mind.
B&M & BDC, both small shops.
BDC is in the process of expanding.
Both owners are decent enough and helpful.
The pawnshops in town are crap.
All my opinion, YMMV.

I belive the town could support another shop if ran right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom