How long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's probably best to cut off the heads of those who are cutting off heads, and leave those escaping those conditions alone.

but what do i know... Certainly interesting times

A solution or rather model for managing the threat of Islamic terrorism already exists. Israel is much farther down the road on this and you will see more western countries forced to emulate Israeli security practices. I have a feeling as these attacks expand to other countries a degree of empathy or understanding will befall Israel.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of questions:

With regards to the complaints that "American got what it deserved" because of what it did, how many of those things we did were done by leftist leaders?

Will the youth of France (and neighboring countries) step up and volunteer for the military to fight terrorism?

Will the populace ever decide that the only answer to extreme Muslims is extreme violence in return on the perpetrators and then carry out those actions?

There is usually a turning point, some legitimate and some possibly not...the Muslim pirates in Jefferson's day, the USS Maine in Cuba, Pearl Harbor, 9/11; all relative to America. What will turn other countries?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the right is going to put an end to democracy. The right will not loose their power due to elections fueled by growing muslim population.

But then again, people will see such a response coming (maybe because someone read a history book?)

This is a scary thought, but what is the alternative? The constitution pulls me one way, but me not wanting to die pulls me the other. Ammo, I need more ammo

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is usually a turning point, some legitimate and some possibly not...the Muslim pirates in Jefferson's day, the USS Maine in Cuba, Pearl Harbor, 9/11; all relative to America. What will turn other countries?

I kinda think this attack has gotten France's attention. Now how they respond to it going forward is anyone's guess. Do they join the fight against ISIS in Syria/Iraq or do they focus on rooting out radical Islamists at home?

When you think about 9/11 as a turning point for us, have we really eliminated the threat of Islamic terror? It is ultimately an unsolvable problem. Well at least in the sense of a modern, humanitarian solution.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But is an all out war against a culture even winnable?

Only if you erase the entire culture. No one has the stomach to do that, so no.

If one were capable of removing human emotion from the debate and look at the practical implications of the human race, this old rock we all live on could stand to lose a few hundred million of the species. Mother nature is cyclical. If we don't control our species, she'll eventually do it for us. 200 million years from now, some other ascendant species will be fueling their inventions with oil from our carcasses. If so, why should we trifle about with creatures so loathsome as these IS savages today? Morality doesn't abhor violence, it abhors preemptive and senseless violence. Purposeful, retaliatory violence should be embraced and celebrated. Doing so is eminently practical and pragmatic, don't you think? Regardless, what we're doing now is the textbook definition of insanity. :screwy:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda think this attack has gotten France's attention. Now how they respond to it going forward is anyone's guess. Do they join the fight against ISIS in Syria/Iraq or do they focus on rooting out radical Islamists at home?

When you think about 9/11 as a turning point for us, have we really eliminated the threat of Islamic terror? It is ultimately an unsolvable problem. Well at least in the sense of a modern, humanitarian solution.

France launched some of the first strikes in the recent bombing campaign against IS earlier this year. In fact, France has been involved, with us, on a pretty consistent basis since 9/11 and before, just in a more muted way. Behind the scenes as it were....

Will this bring them more out in the open in an aggressive manner? Who knows. It depends on the populace.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1. We have not eliminated the threat.
2. It is not unsolvable.
3. The enemy is neither modern nor humanitarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is the world going to put up with this madness before things get really, really bad?

The world has been putting up with Islamic “madness” for almost 1,400 years. What happened in Paris is happening in other parts of the world. It is simply a rerun.

How long will the world put up with Islamists and their jihad bender? The first Crusade was Pope Urban II’s response to 400 years of Islamic terror. Given Europe’s failed experiment in multiculturalism and believing that all Muslims are peaceful … the over/under bet would be disappointing.

But is an all out war against a culture even winnable?

The alternative is “submission” and being a cheese-eating surrender monkey.

1. We have not eliminated the threat. 2. It is not unsolvable. 3. The enemy is neither modern nor humanitarian.

Correct. To your point, it is really problem solving 101. One has to correctly identify a problem before they can remedy the problem … but no one has the balls to correctly identify the problem AND to perform the needed remedies to solve or at the least reduce the problem with Islamic terrorism.

Identify and eliminate state sponsors of terrorism. Identify and eliminate elements involved in committing terrorist acts. Educate all that there are consequences for such behavior and always follow through with remedial actions. Expect and accept that there will be collateral damage. Make it financially and physically painful to be an Islamist. Get Muslims who want to evolve their faith the support they need to do such.

And see what happens over the next couple of hundred years.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. We have not eliminated the threat.
2. It is not unsolvable.
3. The enemy is neither modern nor humanitarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This about sums it up. Most of us know what needs to be done, yet we are the only ones fixated with following the damn rule book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom