How long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we continue to fail to respond to terrorist acts with massive, overwhelming retaliation, then we will continue to be terrorized. We need to eliminate the terrorists in order to eliminate terrorism. We have the means to do this. What we lack is the leadership, will, and guts. We are well beyond any preemptive measures. We are on the defense, we wait like sheep for the next attack and we continue to see casualties rise. It's time to stop it.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the refugees are involved (Like SMS said). The perps in France likely had european passports!
So far, 2 of 8 were refugees who recently hopped off a boat in Greece. How many more have they let in.?

Which part of the madness are we addressing? Students running Universities, Hoards of middle eastern "migrants" taking over Europe, illegal immigration into the US, Political correctness, or Obama being president of the US?
Pretty sure he's talking about Gundy being at OSU...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far, 2 of 8 were refugees who recently hopped off a boat in Greece. How many more have they let in.?

Probably a bunch. A bunch that would've come anyway by any number of methods. Were the Charlie Hebdo attackers refugees? The French train gunman? The 9/11 attackers?

We can't let this bigger issue turn into a refugee blame game. Many of the refugees are running from the same horrors that were just perpetrated in Paris. That being said, they need to be thoroughly and carefully vetted and then monitored....military aged males should be turned away, and sent back to straighten their own sh$t out at home.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to what I read earlier today, there is supposedly some sort of rule that says if the male head of household comes over and establishes himself in Europe, then he will be allowed to retrieve his family within a certain time frame. I don't know if that is accurate.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for eliminating radical Islamists, that will only occur when the vast majority of Muslims start speaking out and making a difference in which Muslims can be clerics and "preach" at the mosques. If they were to "turn out" the radical clerics, a lot could be done to get Islam to more peaceful means. Sadly, I don't see this happening or likely to happen anytime soon.

Quranic scholars have pointed out that the Quran starts out peaceful and then becomes more violent in its teachings toward the end. Also, supposedly the teachings are that the Muslims are to pay more attention to the latter parts of the Quran. Thus, as Muslims become more "devout" in their faith, they are more susceptible of becoming radicals.

Interestingly, the Bible is pretty much the opposite. The Old Testament spoke of "an eye for an eye," while the New Testament is more along the lines of "turning the other cheek." Thus, as one becomes more devout in Christianity, the less radical they are.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Muslims have been, and are, speaking out against this. Mainstream media won't tell that story though.

Search for it, and you'll find it. Analyze the language on social media...it's everywhere, all over the world, but who is talking about it? Here's a brief piece related to the current attacks...but Muslims have been speaking out for a long time. I'm not suggesting they couldn't do more (we all could), but they are doing what many say they aren't.

http://www.alternet.org/media/not-bigots-will-care-muslims-around-world-are-condemning-paris-attacks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This about sums it up. Most of us know what needs to be done, yet we are the only ones fixated with following the damn rule book.

This ^^^^ is one of the most intelligent statements in this thread.

Muslims have been, and are, speaking out against this. Mainstream media won't tell that story though.

Search for it, and you'll find it. Analyze the language on social media...it's everywhere, all over the world, but who is talking about it? Here's a brief piece related to the current attacks...but Muslims have been speaking out for a long time. I'm not suggesting they couldn't do more (we all could), but they are doing what many say they aren't.

http://www.alternet.org/media/not-bigots-will-care-muslims-around-world-are-condemning-paris-attacks

They denounce it, yet they never do anything to stop it. Remember the little thing in the Koran that says lying to infidels to promote the advancement of the muslim faith is perfectly acceptable and encouraged.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to what I read earlier today, there is supposedly some sort of rule that says if the male head of household comes over and establishes himself in Europe, then he will be allowed to retrieve his family within a certain time frame. I don't know if that is accurate.

It's what Europeans did when they immigrated to conquered the Americas. :anyone:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that link are some cases of Muslims *acting* to stop it (unless I'm confusing it with several others I had open about the same topic). I already admitted it isn't enough, but the constant narrative that Muslims aren't calling out their own extremists is false. There are virtually no religions that are effective at *doing* anything to stop their own extremists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom