Torn rotator cuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had both shoulders rebuilt. Calcifications on my collarbones had to be ground off. Left shoulder had shredded bicep tendon along with bad rotator cuff took longer to Rehab for a long time bad shoulder is hard and painful because it was in bad shape before surgery

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Googled the number of veterans in the Oklahoma City area that are registered with the VA Oklahoma Medical Center and the answer of 144,000 comes up, which does not include those that are brought in from other localities from across the State for care that is not available at VA facilities in their 'home' area. Further research shows that the OKC VA Center has 1,000 doctors assigned to it, and of those, only a fraction are Primary Care Physicians.

Jehovah Witness numbers!

okgunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If at all possible, can you wait for it to heal? I was in a similar bind years ago. Went to chiro, helped some, but he told me to go to the best ortho doctor he knew. Doctor gave me cortisone shots for immediate pain but recommended surgery. Got called up for Iraq, I told the Army I was awaiting shoulder surgery. Army gave me the largest bottle of Aleve I'd ever seen. I was taking 1g/Solary Vit C per hour (up to 14g a day) to deal with vaccine shots when the pain eventually went away. Stayed off it as much as I could. I spoke to chiro later and he said Vit C is a maintenance vitamin, that probably helped.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had my right shoulder torn and operated on, not through the VA though.

If you do it get a Ice Man, it’s basically a small igloo ice chest with a circulating pump that attaches to a pad that’ll attach to your shoulder after the surgery and you fill it with ice an water.

It sure helped me when I came home and recouped.
Yes the cold water circulator is sooo much better than dealing with ice bags. Just use frozen water bottles 2x at a time and keep spares in the freezer.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the cold water circulator is sooo much better than dealing with ice bags. Just use frozen water bottles 2x at a time and keep spares in the freezer.

Hmmmm ... I wonder if that might work for my headaches?? It is not unusual for me to wake up in the mornings with one ice pack on the back of my head/neck. And the other one on my forehead/eyes. And I won't even remember getting up to get them but Grumpy tells me I get up, make a Diet Coke (with ice ????🤷), grab a couple of Excedrin Migraines and a couple of ice packs and climb back in bed ... Lol Oh ... And NOW I'm under 3 blankets because I am FREEZING.😂 Well until the first hot flash rears it's ugly head.

I understand how why Grandpa and Grandma slept in separate rooms. 🤔😂😂

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I dunno. I'd do my shoulder surgery over a thousand times before I'd do another kyphoplasty. But ... I have to say my neck fusion was a damned walk in the park. I felt so good in recovery I didn't even need pain meds. At least not until the next day when I had a cluster headache hit me. The nurse thought I was having a psychotic break. Lol He was like "why are you getting out of bed?? Why are you pacing all over the place?? STOP!! It's "JUST" a migraine!" 😳

I looked over at Grumpy and he had this look on his face 😱😱😱😱😱. I think he thought I was gonna choke the guy out with my IV tubing. Lol I just told him to go google "cluster headache" and get back with me. He came back 10 minutes later with a horse syringe full of medicine and said "I apologize for not believing you. If you will get back in bed I will fix what ails you." To which I replied "You are a GOD among men!" 😂😂 Right before I dozed off I heard Scott tell him "You aren't the first to not believe her. I didn't either until we'd been together a while. But at least she didn't draw blood this time." 🙄 ******* ... 😂😂😂
you guys are the solution to current TV slump. A running reality show on your daily trails and tribulations would be a hit.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys are the solution to current TV slump. A running reality show on your daily trails and tribulations would be a hit.

Actually we are the singularly most boring couple on the planet. 😇 And I very much like it that way ... Guess who is "watching" ND/Clemson thru the back of his eyelids "getting ready" for work?? Lol The man is nothing if not predictable ... 👽👽👽

Latest posts

Top Bottom