How many is that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a high school sport all over the country now, I believe. Saw a blurb about it on a high school sports show., kinda neat there can be sport you don't have to 6' 5'' 220 to participate.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You mean like baseball, soccer, track, CC, tennis, cycling, swimming, etc...

I can say as a former 6A high school baseball player at 5'10" and 140 lbs., size matters in all sports if looking for collegiate placement. We had a kid on our team that we would tease somewhat because of his goofy size (everyone was teased, no biggie, definitely not hazing. We called him 'Cranium' because he had an oversized head). He was 6'6" though and so colleges loved him. He certainly wasn't the best player on the team, nor the best I had played with, but he had height and that's what scouts want. They think they can mold any sizeable player into a "good" player. He was drafted out of high school in a real low round, so he went to a JuCo, then on to Auburn. He's fighting his way through minor leagues now, and I swear it's because he was tall. Not to say he wasn't talented, but there's no doubt size makes a huge difference in how far you go.

Sorry to tangent/rant, way to go Okies!

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jim. that is what I meant. My son is a college soccer player and size is a real big deal in the college game. Just like you said they will take big kid and try to coach him up, some make some don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom