How many long range shooters in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so my uncle-in-law builds custom rifles and after visiting and shooting his not too long ago, I have sold my AR and I'm getting him to build me one right now. I can't wait to start shooting it. It was so much more fun to me to shoot FAR instead of popping off round after round in my AR. I want to get good enough to go to the competitions that he goes to. Are there any places near OKC that have long range shooting? I have been on SnipersHide quite a bit lately and I'm learning a lot, but I would like to find some locals to shoot with and a place to shoot.

P.S. I only THOUGHT ARs were an expensive hobby until now....

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so my uncle-in-law builds custom rifles and after visiting and shooting his not too long ago, I have sold my AR and I'm getting him to build me one right now. I can't wait to start shooting it. It was so much more fun to me to shoot FAR instead of popping off round after round in my AR. I want to get good enough to go to the competitions that he goes to. Are there any places near OKC that have long range shooting? I have been on SnipersHide quite a bit lately and I'm learning a lot, but I would like to find some locals to shoot with and a place to shoot.

P.S. I only THOUGHT ARs were an expensive hobby until now....

Why can't you do both? AR's can be made to be VERY accurate.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come and shoot 3 gun at OKC Gun Club and you get the best of both worlds. We will shoot 300-400 yards with the AR. Some matches even step out to 500-600 for bonus targets. Its pretty cool to double tap close range targets then drop down and go prone for the long range.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish there was someplace to shoot over 500 yards, I live in Norman and the gun club is a LONG trip, I guess I'll be headed to Bobbies world when it warms up a little. I need to find me a farmer that would let me borrow some land to set up plates on out to however far I could so I could practice more. Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kirk,

You might check with Ken at Tbird range.
I think you might be able to push it out close 450 or little better there.
And it's just down the road form you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom