how many of you enter contests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you enter contests like on the outdoor channel shows?
I noticed 3 out of 20 winners last week on Buckmasters were from Okla.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did once... till I had Buckmasters calling me every week hounding me for a membership or something. They were quite pesty. Probably don't have a chance at winning till you buy a membership anyway.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did once... till I had Buckmasters calling me every week hounding me for a membership or something. They were quite pesty. Probably don't have a chance at winning till you buy a membership anyway.

I had the exact same experience! Hounded me for months about subscribing to there magazine! I can not even watch buckmasters on tv anymore without getting PO'd about that!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the exact same experience! Hounded me for months about subscribing to there magazine! I can not even watch buckmasters on tv anymore without getting PO'd about that!

ME too!
Hell i signed up two years ago and realized after getting hounded everyday it was a bad idea so i never did it again.... but guess what i started getting calls again a few weeks ago!

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A big X2.
Not only the calls, but the times I finally did talk to them, no matter how nice I was about it, the guys on the phone would not take no for an answer and just wanted to argue. I had to hang up both times. Nor did they remove me from their phone list as requested. I will never watch their show and never subscribe to their magazine ever again.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have.

As for the calls, I simply don't sign up for or buy anything that requires a phone number. If an email address isn't sufficient I"ll get it somewhere else or do without. I have a much higher tolerance for junk email than telemarketers.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another joke I've found is the North American Hunt Club's programs.

I'm a member (really just for the magazine), but in the 2 years I've been a member, I've never been called upon to test gear. Of course, I've gotten junk mail up the wazzoo from every "membership" company known to man, and crappy giveaway "gifts" but nothing of value. They mailed me a DVD and "collector coin" last year with one of those "if you like it, buy it, if not, mail it back" offers. I figured, I never ordered it, so its not my responsibility to ship it back. They called me asking if I was intending on shipping it back and I told them "no." They asked why not and I said that I don't feel like going thru the effort of sending them back something I never asked for. It's a waste of my time and if they don't wanna lose money, they better stop sending me things cuz they ain't gonna get em back. Never got another "gift" from them. ;) Most of those mailer contests are bunk....now the TV ones, those are legit, just horrible odds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom