How often do you clean out your safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got back from the range today and started to put up my toys when I realized I've let my safe become a mess... This weeks agenda is to clean out the safe and reorganize all the goodies.

I'm trying to determine the best way to organize everything, Rifes, Pistols, Magazines, mis parts....

I'm a firm believer in having plenty of magazines for each model, I know they need to be cycled, but I don't have room to keep them all within arms length. I'd love to thin the calibers, but I really like to shoot all my toys and don't like to sell...

What's working for you?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pull all of my guns out and vaccum it out weekly. I then dust it off and polish all surfaces to a high gloss finish.

Every once in awhile I'll pull things out and reorganize them. I have a part of my safe that has all my vital documents stored in it. I could probably pull most of these out as they include some documents that don't need the protection of the safe. I'm loosing some major storage as a result of these files as they are in a plastic tub.

Considering my AR has to be be broken down and put on the top shelf due to lack of long gun space. I think I need to to some reorganizing. That or just buy a document safe.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved everything but guns, jewelry, and paperwork to a closet. I set up shelving in the closet and added a deadbolt. I figure there are too many other items they would grab (TV, DVR, Computer, etc.) instead of trying to break in closet door while the alarm siren is blaring about 10 feet from their ears.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use lockable filing cabinets or old lockers. I can usually pick them up at yard sales and flea markets for cheap. Then I change the lock or put a hasp on it. Each compartment is organized by caliber. All 223 ammo and corresponding mags will be in the same place. Guns and nicer knives are the only thing in the safen unless I have some papers waiting to go to the safety deposit box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom