How safe is our saving accounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if one was to invest in precious metals then you'd have to be very diligent in protecting it from thief's or put investments in the bank or some investment house and again be very diligent in protecting it from thief's... damnable thief's are everywhere! Buy rental property but then again that could become a full time job in maintance and protecting it from thief's once again. Investing in long/short term stores, weps and its feed but that really doesn't account for a "considerable" investment so that leaves what for hard assets other than land which would have to be worked in some fashion? Me, I just don't want a job so safe and logical SHTF investments seem challenging to say the least.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if one was to invest in precious metals then you'd have to be very diligent in protecting it from thief's or put investments in the bank or some investment house and again be very diligent in protecting it from thief's... damnable thief's are everywhere! Buy rental property but then again that could become a full time job in maintance and protecting it from thief's once again. Investing in long/short term stores, weps and its feed but that really doesn't account for a "considerable" investment so that leaves what for hard assets other than land which would have to be worked in some fashion? Me, I just don't want a job so safe and logical SHTF investments seem challenging to say the least.

You want risk free investments.
Sorry, there is no such thing.

Life is risk management.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, apparently I wasn't clear. Investments by nature are inherently risky. If SHTF I'm looking for more substantial investment ideas that ARN'T doomed to fail as by government or individual thief but would carry forth into said SHTF.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish i could think of anything other than burying gold or silver or ammunition somewhere people are unlikely to find it.
Paper money can and will be eaten by termites.
If you bury it on your land it's easy to find, unless your land is very large.
If you bury it on someone land belonging to someone else then it's subject to accidental discovery.
You then have the problem of getting to it and digging it up, finding it can be a problem. If the temperature is below freezing digging through frozen ground will wear you to exhaustion.
I'm told the best way is to build a fire on top of it and allow it to burn out over a few hours and thaw the ground.

I'm at a loss to think of anything that cannot be taken away by either government or banditry, much less government banditry.
Really anything you have can be taken by force or deception.

The only thing that cannot be stolen from you is education and skills. Yes I know you could lose them to death or injury but that doesn't allow anyone to benefit from them.
So I'd suggest you invest in yourself.
Learn skills.
Take an EMT course, everyone needs help now and again.
Learn to operate a ham radio, everyone will want news.
Learn self defense, after all if you cannot defend yourself you cannot help anyone else either.
Learn another language, I'd suggest Spanish. I keep meaning to but I lack motivation, I know hundreds of words but a fluent 6 year old knows more.
Learn to grow food, everyone likes to eat.
Learn to train dogs, they are self replicating and make excellent companionship and are excellent for hunting and self defense.
Learn to read maps, not just street maps but land navigation skills.
Workout and exercise, if you invest in a personal trainer and a healthier body everything else becomes easier.

en4cer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish i could think of anything other than burying gold or silver or ammunition somewhere people are unlikely to find it.
Paper money can and will be eaten by termites.
If you bury it on your land it's easy to find, unless your land is very large.
If you bury it on someone land belonging to someone else then it's subject to accidental discovery.
You then have the problem of getting to it and digging it up, finding it can be a problem. If the temperature is below freezing digging through frozen ground will wear you to exhaustion.
I'm told the best way is to build a fire on top of it and allow it to burn out over a few hours and thaw the ground.

I'm at a loss to think of anything that cannot be taken away by either government or banditry, much less government banditry.
Really anything you have can be taken by force or deception.

The only thing that cannot be stolen from you is education and skills. Yes I know you could lose them to death or injury but that doesn't allow anyone to benefit from them.
So I'd suggest you invest in yourself.
Learn skills.
Take an EMT course, everyone needs help now and again.
Learn to operate a ham radio, everyone will want news.
Learn self defense, after all if you cannot defend yourself you cannot help anyone else either.
Learn another language, I'd suggest Spanish. I keep meaning to but I lack motivation, I know hundreds of words but a fluent 6 year old knows more.
Learn to grow food, everyone likes to eat.
Learn to train dogs, they are self replicating and make excellent companionship and are excellent for hunting and self defense.
Learn to read maps, not just street maps but land navigation skills.
Workout and exercise, if you invest in a personal trainer and a healthier body everything else becomes easier.

That's good advice.

Control what you can. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Above all, pay attention/involve your children.
They are the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom