How safe is our saving accounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The barter system works every day, collapse or not. When paper fiat money becomes worthless, it will kick into high gear. If you have something someone NEEDS, it's easier to barter than having something someone wants.

sorry, i edited my post to be a little more clear. I dont think our outcome will be much different.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can have a self directed ira, but I don't believe there is anyway for you to do that and have direct control of your assets.
If I put my properties into a self directed ira I would be required to hire a management company to handle them.
They do not allow you to have personal use of assets in such an ira.
You might well be able to put real gold into a self directed ira, but you would be required to have a third party manage it and store it.
I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

You are not wrong. You most certainly can put gold in some IRAs. You however CANNOT take physical possession of it. They have specialized brokerages just for this. Beyond that I don't know much because the balance of the IRA is still based in standard currency and then there's what GTG talked about. If they outlaw it, I figure they will confiscate too so the way I see it there's little chance you will ever get your hands on it. I prefer to keep what little I have stashed where only I know where it is. And that's not a safe deposit box either. If they confiscate they'll raid every one of them...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Argentina Barter Market:

Anyone who relies on a pension or is self-employed would do well to pay close attention. In the end, your money is not your money if you can't get your hands on it when you either need or want it. I would like to say this could never happen here. Hell, I believe I have said in the past that this could never happen here. America continues to be the land of opportunity but the way that opportunity presents itself to the average individual is changing. Anyone who thinks that this is their grandfather's or their father's America is blind ...

Last edited by a moderator:

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've oft heard it said if you don't have it in your hands you don't really own it. Hadn't really considered lead as a precious metal before but the way things are going a ton might be a smart investment.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your money is safe!!!!!! They are too big to fail and would therefore be bailed out by Baba, so you can gt your money. When retirement time comes, between your savings, social security and medi-care, you will be living it up and having the time of your life. :hypnotize:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Till the government outlaws private gold holdings...again. Better to diversify your holdings to include tangible, barterable assetts that are unlikely to be confiscated. Like someone said, ammo is a good one. So is silver.

Yep, another one of those concealed is concealed type deals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom