How to Reregister for disabled vets tax break in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the regs above state a person has got to be VA rated 100% disabled before they can get the tax exemption......I'm rated at 70% and don't qualify but I'm very appreciative for what I do receive.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Ah ok so since I’m already a card carrying tax free status I don’t need to reregister but only request a letter from the Oklahoma Veterans office. Once I get that, I send a copy to the Oklahoma Tax Commission and they will send me a new card.
Thanks for your help
On the site you have to re-register by 1 July 2023 if you had tax exempt status prior to 1 November 2021. So I had to re-register then do the new card stuff.

From the website:
"Pursuant to Senate Bill 415, effective November 1, 2021, all new applicants for sales tax exemption based on a veteran’s 100% service-connected disability status are required to register in the Oklahoma Veterans Registry to verify eligibility. Veterans (and surviving spouses) previously awarded sales tax exempt status prior to November 1, 2021 must register in the Oklahoma Veterans Registry no later than July 1, 2023 in order to remain eligible for the benefit of sales tax exemption."

https://oklahoma.gov/veterans/benefits/register-and-request.html
Registration was easy, like one page.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I just called them. If you were tax exempt prior to 1 NOV 21, you have to re-register. Once you do that, you need to hit the "request sales tax exemptions letter" button on the link. Then they'll send you a new letter with instructions to get a new card for you (and your spouse). The new card is green and blue at the top, so the old blue cards will be obsolete.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I called the State VA office. She looked me up and said all I needed to do was copy the letter she was sending me and send that copy to the state tax commission. She said specific instructions would come with the letter.

She also said the state tax commission was MONTHS 🤣😉 behind on processing them right now. The lady did say however our present cards would be active until they get caught up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom