How to update Schedule A on your trust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On a trust containing NFA items...

*How do you physically update your trust? (Add new sheet of paper with new items listed first? Seperate page with only new item, assuming you have more? or ???)
*Should it be listed in any particular order?
*When you take possession of a new item, do you add the approval date/possesion date to it?
*What info should be included on an updated schedule A, date approved, date of possesion, serial, make model,etc..?
*Need a witness? Need to re notarize anything?

Does it have to be printed or is writing it in with an ink pen ok?

Thanks for your help

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not an attourney. That being said, you make a new schedule A. Make one copy for each original trust, one for each copy, and one to mail to the big guys. Unstaple the ones from the originals, destroy, and restaple the new one. No date neaded, no notory or signature. I usually list manufacturer, make, model, supressor, caliber,and serial number. I hope this helps.

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not an attourney. That being said, you make a new schedule A. Make one copy for each original trust, one for each copy, and one to mail to the big guys. Unstaple the ones from the originals, destroy, and restaple the new one. No date neaded, no notory or signature. I usually list manufacturer, make, model, supressor, caliber,and serial number. I hope this helps.

I do the same.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, thats what i did but added a signature for some reason... It seemed appropriate...

Should it be updated when you physically receive new item? Or is this just added to the trust when you mail in with the form 4 or whatever your doing.

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, thats what i did but added a signature for some reason... It seemed appropriate...

Should it be updated when you physically receive new item? Or is this just added to the trust when you mail in with the form 4 or whatever your doing.

I add it when the form 4 is approved and I receive the stamp.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may seem like a dumb question, but when you send in a form 4 for a new item to the ATF, do you just send a copy of the trust to them instead of the photos, print cards, etc? I know you have to fill out the form, but do you send a blank schedule A for the first item? It seems to easy, I guess I'm just concerned I'll do something wrong and have to wait at lot longer as a result. Would someone walk me through it step by step? I have built a trust and am about to buy a suppressor and SBR. Can I do all the paperwork and send them in together? I have a can now, but did the prints, CLEO, photos route on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom