How was deer season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nicest buck I've taken out of Pawhuska ...
he was chasing a doe at full run when shot was taken

no hope of even seeing a mature buck like this at anytime except during rut.
have never gotten along with tree stands or food plots ... stalking is my preferred method.

cape is inside my freezer in case I decide to do a full mount.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_buck2010b.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_buck2010.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_buck2010c.JPG

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well....We were able to get out many times this year.... So I am happy I had the chances, ability and health to do so!

We (Dog babe and I) have four deer in the freezer, got to see some real nice ones and put a few friends on even nicer ones. Just taking my nephew out with his bow and later in the season for a very successful rifle hunt was enough for me this year!

Hopefully, next year will bring a better rain season for the food plots. We never did get a good growth...but what little green we had seem to keep them coming in!

Now to finish out zone 2 of duck season and wait on the turkeys!

PJ

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
used to go by the Fire station in Pawhuska to check in deer and to ask about numbers checked in. they had checked in less than 15 deer opening day... this was late afternoon.

with internet check in ... numbers checked in Pawhuska are no longer valid for area without seeing master list.

but you cannot take away number of shots heard opening day of rifle ... I heard a total of 3 shots for the entire day. whereas normally opening day sounds more like a gun range with multiple shots going off steadily. numbers checked in at Pawhuska fire station would be closer to 75 deer.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a good season. I harvested one really nice buck opening Rifle day and one young antlerless on the last day of the Holiday season. I lost one doe this year. I hit her good but high in the vitals. We tracked four hours on a trail that went completely cold. After tracking the trail to every possible route and way the out to the clearing, I gave up and helped dress out my friend's doe. Loosing a deer is the worst feeling but hopefully my new range finder will reduce those chance greatly next year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom