hunting boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy has more shoes than bass pro.

I always discount Academy's boot selection. I guess its because I never make it that far back into the shoes, stopping short at the running/tennis shoes.

I have a pair of Wolverine insulated hunting boots I bought back in 98. Just before hunting season kicked off. They have seen some serious use but still stay watertight and warm. I just haven't had a use for them as I can get away with a pair of wool socks and uninsulated boots for most situations.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro. Gellco and Langston's in Stockyard City. You may have better luck with the insulated boots at Bass Pro. I wasn't looking for insulated boots so I cant speak for the number of insulated boots they sell.

I just recently went on a hunt for a good deer/bird hunting boot. As luck would have it I decided on Danner boot that no one sells. So on Monday I get a nice box at the office to open and say Oh Joy a new present.

If you are looking for Danners you can order them direct with free shipping and free returns if you don't like them. Trick is to decided before you put miles on them outside.

When you run the numbers its about the same cost to order online as opposed to paying tax in the store.

You said they didn't have to last. I'll second the Muck boots. They get the job done.

Which ones did you order?

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly reccomend U.S. made Danners. They are comfortable and waterproof. However, you should expect to pay $200 plus. I've had two pair of the Chinese made Danners and they both leaked. The retailer honored the waranty on both pairs. It hurts my heart to know that Danner puts out an inferior product, but I guess there is a market for it.

I like my Muck boots. They are warm, waterproof and comfortable. However, the soft neoprene tops have been shredded by briars. My next pair of rubber boots will have full rubber tops.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H had their muck boots on sale yesterday. Bass Pro didn't have any in stock and I found them at H&H. My brother has worn them for years and swears by them. I'll let you know what I think in a couple months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom