Hutchinson Kansas 90 MPH straight line wind took roof off Ace Hardware 12-15-21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wifey's sister called and said they were ordered home when the hardware store across the street lost its roof. Straight line winds were clocked at 90 MPH in downtown Hutch.

1639610930413.png

Radar as of 5:30 p.m.

I have been looking for news on this, nothing so far.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winds are just light...about 4 mph...here in the SW corner of the state right now. They weren't too bad over here for the most part. I'm guessing the highest gusts were in the 35 - 40 mph range. Just another day down here. It was hot, though. 81 deg was the high I saw. It's still 73 out now.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a wooden elevated platform with a ground blind attached. My dad said the wind blew my platform over but that the blind was still attached.

We lost a shingle or two at our place.

Hopefully things calm down.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lamar CO reported 107 mph with tractor trailers on I-25 being blown over.
A friend of mine was in Casper Wyoming one day during a high wind. He got to the compressor site, opened his pickup door and the wind took it killing his mirror and stripping both hinges from the body.

He said he would have been in trouble but that same day a freight train was blown off its tracks.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It was horrible up here in Guymon area. I haven’t heard of any significant wind damage but we had I think upwards of 50mph winds and we had a few fires. One is still burning in the Beaver River north of town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom