hypothetical question about ccw and alcohol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
what is protocol if you have your ccw with you in the car but someone else is driving? lets say you've a had a drink or two. leave it in the console.lock it in the trunk? i know the answer is to not have it with you at all or at least lock it up, but what are the legal ramifications?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a double tonight at dinner. Left my CCW in the center console, then drove home with it there.

A double Scotch doesn't do much for me anymore, especially over an hour-long dinner, but I can see the point and that's why I left it in the car. No need to risk anything. I sure wouldn't carry it if I were going to be doing any substantial drinking. Which I usually only do at home when settled in for a night of movies with the wife, anyways. ;)

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are the Legal Ramifications....

Section 1289.9 - Carrying Weapon Under the Influence of Alcohol
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols in any circumstances while under the influence of beer, intoxicating liquors or any hallucinogenic, or any unlawful or unprescribed drug, and it shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols when under the influence of any drug prescribed by a licensed physician if the aftereffects of such consumption affect mental, emotional or physical processes to a degree that would result in abnormal behavior. Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.

Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section after having been issued a concealed handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall have the license suspended for a term of six (6) months and shall be subject to an administrative fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom