Hypothetical robbery situation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig B

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are in a liquor store browsing, the only other person there is the person behind the register (the owner). Two youths walk in, grab a bunch of bottles off the shelf and attempt to make for the door. They are not brandishing any weapons, have not made any threats, in fact they have not said a word.

The owner attempts to stop them from leaving and they shove the owner aside and get away in the car. The whole incident takes place in under 10 seconds.

Hypothetically, what is your response?

Hide?
Get on your phone to 911?
Attempt to physically restrain the thieves?
Run away?
Chase them down?
Start a fistfight?
Start blasting?
Pepper spray the whole joint?
Cry?
Other?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would dial 911, observe that the store is free of other bad guys, look to make sure no bad guy is about to enter the store, and then check on the store owner.

I'm not a LEO, so any other option is pointless.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was positive they weren't armed in any way, I might try to stop them---but not with my firearm. If not, I would get their license #, call 911 and assist the owner and wait.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be a good witness and check on the owner. Any physical altercation can turn lethal quickly and it’s not worth it.

Then again, in these what if scenarios no one really knows what they will do until they are there.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it happens as described,nothing but be a witness when the cops shop up. If the owner calls the cops I will stick around and tell what I saw. If I call 911 I will stick around and tell what I saw. But I am not stopping anybody. I am not going for my gun either unless someone pulls a gun on ME,or shoots at ME. They came in,stole some liquer,and drove away. That sucks, but it was non confrontational on my part.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it happens as described,nothing but be a witness when the cops shop up. If the owner calls the cops I will stick around and tell what I saw. If I call 911 I will stick around and tell what I saw. But I am not stopping anybody. I am not going for my gun either unless someone pulls a gun on ME,or shoots at ME. They came in,stole some liquer,and drove away. That sucks, but it was non confrontational on my part.

Same here. A few bottles of liquor is not worth getting into a fight or stabbed or shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom