I Done It - Bought Land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congrats - it's been a dream of mine and my wife's to buy land for the past few years. Where did you find it? Other than just driving around, I'm finding it a bit hard to find land for sale other than the 10,000 acre estates seeling for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We're just looking for a 20-40 acre plot somewhere we can make our own.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats - it's been a dream of mine and my wife's to buy land for the past few years. Where did you find it? Other than just driving around, I'm finding it a bit hard to find land for sale other than the 10,000 acre estates seeling for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We're just looking for a 20-40 acre plot somewhere we can make our own.

Local real estate agents are a good place to start, but then again if you have a Farmers COOP in your area, some have bulletin boards where you can put up business cards, or put up a sign saying your looking for some land, and put on how many acres.
You never know when somebody may have 40 acres, they consider junk land, that would be a real treasure for an outdoors person.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local real estate agents are a good place to start, but then again if you have a Farmers COOP in your area, some have bullitin boards where you can put up business cards, or put up a sign saying your looking for some land, and put on how many acres.
You never know when somebody may have 40 acres, they consider junk land, that would be a real treasure for an ourdoors person.

Try Landsofoklahoma.com

You can do a county search and there is even an auction section. There is also some on oklahomaauctionguide.com. I spent a year looking, walking and going to auctions. I finally found mine on Craigslist - a realtor put it there and I followed up, made an offer and got it. Look in the clasifieds every Sunday - Look under acreages, farms & ranches, real estate auctions and regular auctions. Call any you might be interested in. You will also learn realtor and auction web sites there and look up what they have coming up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try Landsofoklahoma.com

You can do a county search and there is even an auction section. There is also some on oklahomaauctionguide.com. I spent a year looking, walking and going to auctions. I finally found mine on Craigslist - a realtor put it there and I followed up, made an offer and got it. Look in the clasifieds every Sunday - Look under acreages, farms & ranches, real estate auctions and regular auctions. Call any you might be interested in. You will also learn realtor and auction web sites there and look up what they have coming up.

Good advice, and be sure to have a commitment frame of mind. A friend saw 40 some acres on the river for sale, in the newspaper, drove out to look at it, and according to the farmer, he wanted to sell it as it flooded some times and was of no use to him. Great hunting area with lots of trees and river access. My buddy went back to town to talk to his wife, and another guy came up and gave a deposit and got a signed receipt.
Be ready to buy as there are tons of people looking for the same thing you are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom