May buy grow-facility land/home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4 people murdered near Kingfisher not long ago and Sheriffs dept busting grow businesses weekly and they all seem to have Chinese ties. I dont want anything to do or even want to be close to a grow operation.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No progress has been made on buying this property. My periodic on-line snooping indicates the neighbor's growers license lapsed. Subsequently, a dispensary license was issued and recently lapsed. Last time I was in OK, the greenhouse fans were silent. I hope it all points to a going out of business sale. I'm not positive I want to maintain a 2nd home from 3 states away, but buying that 10 acre lot that borders my land on two sides could be decent insurance.

ETA: My insurance company asked me if that property was mine. I outlined that the answer is "no"; subsequently my liability/barn fire insurance and umbrella insurance went up quite a bit. :censored:
:censored::mad::mad: But, I also had two teenagers become drivers, so the cause-and-effect of the neighbor's operation on the umbrella insurance is not clear.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s what I was hoping to hear. May mean I won’t have to pay top dollar.

The land and house are of value. The business, not so much.

Your offer should reflect this and let her know. Don't lowball it.

Chinese or sand rats taking over is a very real possibility. Buy it.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No progress has been made on buying this property. My periodic on-line snooping indicates the neighbor's growers license lapsed. Subsequently, a dispensary license was issued and recently lapsed. Last time I was in OK, the greenhouse fans were silent. I hope it all points to a going out of business sale. I'm not positive I want to maintain a 2nd home from 3 states away, but buying that 10 acre lot that borders my land on two sides could be decent insurance.

ETA: My insurance company asked me if that property was mine. I outlined that the answer is "no"; subsequently my liability/barn fire insurance and umbrella insurance went up quite a bit. :censored:
:censored::mad::mad: But, I also had two teenagers become drivers, so the cause-and-effect of the neighbor's operation on the umbrella insurance is not clear.
Taking on and caring for another house from out of state is tough, but it’s allowed me a lot of freedom to have living and hunting stuff prepositioned and not have to haul so much back and forth. I also get to sleep in my own bed and cook in my own kitchen while I’m there.
I’d say if you intend to hang on to your hunting property long term adding the house will be a good long term investment, and even if you have the intention of flipping the property at some point, the house would/should be very appealing to potential buyers.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking on and caring for another house from out of state is tough, but it’s allowed me a lot of freedom to have living and hunting stuff prepositioned and not have to haul so much back and forth. I also get to sleep in my own bed and cook in my own kitchen while I’m there.
I’d say if you intend to hang on to your hunting property long term adding the house will be a good long term investment, and even if you have the intention of flipping the property at some point, the house would/should be very appealing to potential buyers.
All great points. Thankfully, a pole barn with water and electricity on my property saves me from hauling everything back and forth. As mentioned early in the thread, I can't build a permanent habitable structure on the ranch property due to a flowage easement. If purchased, the adjacent home and small acreage would give me flexibility to market the land in the distant future as with or w/out a place to live (likely with). I'm trying to raise my boys right, so I'm betting there will always be a descendant wanting to go hunting in OK 🏹 🦃 🐖 🦌 :50cal: or fishing on the land's navigable water 🎣, so it will likely never be sold by me. And, if I had a place with a mailing address, it would be easier to get resident rates 😁

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see lots of bankrupt grow farm around here. Just wondering if there’s any DEQ baggage with them? They don’t seem to move very quickly.

Kinda figure it’s just banks not wanting to take a loss.
The bit about banks is probably true for many. From what I've discerned about this neighbor, is they pay cash for whatever they purchase. Not sure if a business-savvy family or bank could provide the best deal. I'm definitely going to not low-ball them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom