May buy grow-facility land/home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you CAN buy, BUY.

Don't want to grow weed? The grow houses are perfect for maters, squash, cukes, etc. Get organic certified and triple the price.

The low taxes are an incentive for the non-local buyers. Then, taxes go up. Same as Kommiefornia moving here, to avoid there, resulting in turning here into there.

Received my tax bill. Up 30%, from last year. Guess I get to go argue with them, Monday. But, not much else can be done. Bend over and enjoy it.

Thank the Pedo

Last edited:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep....you should always buy land adjacent to yours if you can. Great investment and you'll kick yourself if you don't and undesirables buy it and you have no say it what's going on.

I bought the 1.5 acres that became available to my 5 acre homestead for that very reason. Sooooooooooo glad I did.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real estate problems here in oklahoma are a direct reflection of the real estate problems in China and what is happening to the citizens of China who had the ability to buy, that ability has disappeared with recent changes in Chinese laws and the wealthy Chinese are going up in smoke all over the world.
Texas must be effected too, because real estate prices are RIDICULOUS in my rural area of east TX.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid what I consider top dollar to pick up 10 acres next to my hunting spot. Moved off the mobile home and put up a good gate. I'm happy with most of my neighbors but I have one that lets her dogs run all over the place. I think the other neighbors may be handling that because I haven't really seen them this year. My point is pay what you need to lock it up.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s land next to your land. Buy it. Maybe if it’s an ok area you could set it up as an air bnb to cover your maintinence costs?

Edit: west of checota, that’s lake eufala territory. Definitely could market it as a cheap destination near the lake. Places on the lake are going for 100-400/night. Yeah, I’m guessing you aren’t in the lake, but you could market it as a cheaper alternative. Just set it up with a carport to park the boat, make sure you have enough driveway for a boat, throw in a fish cleaning station and a few outdoor chairs around a fire pit, and you could charge $70 a night. 5-6 nights a month could cover taxes and maintenance. Plus traffic to your property to disuade people who are wanting to poke around.I know that if I could find a Airbnb near where I like to hunt and fish for 40-70/night it would be a nice alternative to paying $90/night for a cabin at a state park or sleeping in a tent for $30/night at a COE campground.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom