I dont see a pet load thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if there is one i didnt see it was wandering if it is a liability issue.I know it would take someone time to check for misprints but it seems like it could be helpful for new loaders

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usualy if you post up what you are trying to reload, numerous folks will chime in with what works for them. As for getting reloading recipes off of the internet, they are worth exactly what you paid for them. Take them as a general idea of what worked for other guys in their guns. It is highly recommended to take whatever load you "copy", reduce it by 10% and then work back up to find the pressure signs in your particular gun. ie, ejector swipe, flattened primers, sticky bolt lift, the side of your gun flying off after you pull the trigger....you know, the basics.

Tell us what you are looking for and I am sure somethign will come up.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.6mmbr.com - is my source for pet loads. There are many very good known loads on there. There are also numerous interviews with record holders and champions about "how and why" they develop their load - powder selection, bullet selection, brass work, reloading, cleaning, etc, etc.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usualy if you post up what you are trying to reload, numerous folks will chime in with what works for them.

Been guilty of this myself a few times.

As for getting reloading recipes off of the internet, they are worth exactly what you paid for them.

I agree, the smart money is on getting a good reloading manual and checking them against it.

The thing is, most pet loads are tailored to a specific gun, so what is purrrrfect in one gun, may be just "meh" in another.

And of course this tends to ring true most times.

One thing I've found is some Brand/Model guns do like very similar recipes.
Bullets and powder in particularly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom