I finished my mossberg 88 hope you like

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woohoo1:I just thought I would share my mossberg 88. I finally got the heat shield to complete it. Specs 18.5 barrel,ati adjustable stock, 4 round sidesaddle, ati heat shield with ghost sights, shooters friend recoil pad I also have another pistol grip for it too. This was my first build of any gun. Bring on the zombies lol

Attachments

• mossberg 88.jpg
    mossberg 88.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 237

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has a close group approx 9-10in with 00 buck at 25 yrds with the improved barrel and hardly any kick with the recoil pad. I could shoot this thing all day without the shoulder hurting at all. I built this for my wife in the event that I'm not home and she has to use it to protect our kids at home. Did not want it to hurt her if she did fire it. Also the orginal butt stock made it to long for her to hold comfortably hence the adjustable stock. She loves it and feels comfortable with it and that puts my mind at ease if something were to happen she could take care of business.:fullauto:

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a pistol grip on it but with the remington 00 buck 3in shells it made my hand sore after two or three shots so I know it would have hurt her hand after the frist shot so I put the ati stock with pad and use 2 3/4 shells. Guys I think this is the best home defense weapon for your wife all she has to do is point and shoot, this thing would clear a room quick without aiming. Not saying wifes don't know how to shoot just mine does not go to the range like I do.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
where did you pick up your heatshield with sights? i've got a stock 5+1 round 88 that i'm trying to figure out what to do with it. i agree with the pistol grip thing. i picked up a used grip at a show for $5. darn thing shoulda been free! thats just down right painful with field loads.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where did you pick up your heatshield with sights? i've got a stock 5+1 round 88 that i'm trying to figure out what to do with it. i agree with the pistol grip thing. i picked up a used grip at a show for $5. darn thing shoulda been free! thats just down right painful with field loads.

I got the heatshield at brigadoons on 15th sunnylane. Yeah the 3in shells I could not fire with the pistol grip after the 3rd shot.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About "clearing rooms without aiming," best you do some patterning at room distances. You'll find that your patterns are a lot tighter than you would expect. Shotguns at close range should be treated like rifles in terms of "aiming." Of course, no great precision is required at close range, but pointing in the general direction of an intruder may not give you a hit. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom