I lost a friend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just found out that a friend of mine was killed yesterday while riding her racing bicycle in North Texas. She was hit by a pickup and died instantly. Wife, mother, grandmother, she was an avid cyclist and a talented runner, who, just days ago, was celebrating having qualified for the Boston Marathon next spring. On the day the picture below was taken, she and I and two other cyclists rode into Breckenridge, Texas, at the end of a 109 mile ride in the rain in early October, 2011. It rained heavily on us for most of the last 50 miles of that 109 mile ride, with temps in the low-to-mid 60s and a cold wind out of the NE. (The locals in Breckenridge thanked us for bringing 5 inches of rain to their parched community that day!) That's her sitting on the statue in the picture, with her ever-present smile--this despite 109 miles of riding, 50 of it in the cold, pouring rain, with more rain predicted for the 'morrow and another 89 miles to ride as well, with another 85 on tap for the third day. She was a wonderful lady, with an indomitable spirit and an infectious smile. She will be missed!
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom