I need a small favor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...now that I have your attention, does anyone have an A2 front sight block bench block? I'm taking mine off and would like to borrow or buy the block local.

Sent from no where

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you mean one of these ?
i live in mwc, i'll be at work around I35 & se29th Saturday

your welcome to borrow it

Attachments

• bench block 002.jpg
    bench block 002.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 154

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took mine off the other day just laid my barrel on a 2x4 and punched out the 2 pins without much trouble. then it slid right off with a little love from a brass hammer. IF worried that the wood isn't soft enough put some rubber or something between the 2 surfaces.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are tapered pins so be sure you are driving them out the right direction. one side will be noticeably larger than the other...hit the smaller side. Also use a larger punch the first few whacks to get the pin started in the right direction then go to the appropriate sized punch to finish them off. Some pins really need some motivation while others come out relatively easy...sounds like yours will require some M.A.N.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are tapered pins so be sure you are driving them out the right direction. one side will be noticeably larger than the other...hit the smaller side. Also use a larger punch the first few whacks to get the pin started in the right direction then go to the appropriate sized punch to finish them off. Some pins really need some motivation while others come out relatively easy...sounds like yours will require some M.A.N.
I'm going to regret this, what's MAN?

Sent from no where

Latest posts

Top Bottom