I need help getting this welded ASAP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It figures, I am going to install my spare tire mount on my boat trailer and run across a huge crack in the tongue. I'm glad I found it now instead of pulling my boat 3 hours to Grand Lake this weekend with it like this, but now I am in a rush to find someone who can weld it for me. If anyone on here can help me, I'd appreciate it and bring the beer, lunch, box of ammo, whatever your time is worth! Here's a pic of what I need welded:

[Broken External Image]

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't weld but I wish I could. I have used a guy named Dennis Roberts in Oklahoma City on several occasions. His prices are so reasonable that I almost feel like I'm cheating him every time I go there. I've had him weld a couple things and even fabricate something simple for me and he's never charged me more than $20. He's a super nice guy to boot. His shop is at 2801 S. Eastern and his number is 672-8285. He is a one man show so you'd better give him a call before you go. If you feel like the trailer won't get there, he's got a mobile set up as well.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man you were right...I called Dennis just to leave him a voicemail so he could call me back in the morning and he returned my call five minutes later. Seems like a hell of a nice guy and told me he'd fix me up Wednesday morning for about $25 bucks. Damn I love this site!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a champion trailer with a folding hitch? They all have that same problem. 71 is right if you dont add a plate to it then it will crack again

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When are you needing this done by? I am off the next couple nights, send me a PM and I'll give you directions to my shop. I'll take the paint off with a torch and wire brush, the weld is simple and small so I wouldnt charge anything to do it.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that a champion trailer with a folding hitch? They all have that same problem. 71 is right if you dont add a plate to it then it will crack again

It's actually a boatmate trailer, but i'm not sure if the swing away hitch was there from the manufacturer or if it was added by the dealer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom