I think I want a .308 AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Todd, you have some M1A's you want to teach me about?

I've had one AR-10, though no FAL's, and I currently have a couple M1A's, including an older Super Match model. The SM can shoot far better than I can, though it's a heavy beast with that oversized walnut stock. If you're looking to do some mobile hunting, it probably wouldn't be a smart choice. If however you're doing stationary shooting, it's a fine choice. To me, it's a "classic" with the wood and steel combo, something the black rifles can't pull off nearly as well.

Here's my latest M1A; it's most all USGI except of course the receiver and parts of the fake selector button.

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_M1As_DSC_0153w_zpscdf63a9e.jpg

Besides, how can anyone do the "This is my rifle, this is my gun" chant with anything but a M1A?? :wink2:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to point it out, but you have a glaring typo there with the exclusion of the 458 SOCOM ;)

Ha - I just saw that you commented on 458 a minute ago in a different thread. Guess you already ruled it out...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I researched the big bores .450, .458 and .50 before I bought and, for me the choice was easy with the .50 Beowulf. The others are also great choices but I wanted the biggest, baddest of them all. People think I'm nuts shooting a big bore AR but I LOVE the Beowulf and really glad I chose it.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my AR-10T has a 20" heavy Lothar-Walther match barrel. I broke it in per Armalite's procedure about 10 years ago. I don't remember what scope mount I had on the FN-FAL,it's been a while.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Todd, that gun is beautiful!

I am no longer looking for a .308 AR.
FATBOY TACTICTICAL hooked me up with a DPMS LR308.
I'll put some sights on it and an optic and go from there and see how it evolves

Latest posts

Top Bottom