I wish this guy was our first black president

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love people that speak frankly and are unashamed of the truth. I would like to hear more from him, and wonder if he has political aspirations? I am afraid he is too direct to be a successful politician.

I understand what you are saying, and would like to hear more of his leadership philosophy no matter what his color is. Actually, I would rather see him as Secretary of State, where he can affect foreign policy.

Of course, I have Seperatist leanings, not to the extent of being an Isolationist, but definitely more of an emphasis on our own strength than being the world's police force.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love people that speak frankly and are unashamed of the truth. I would like to hear more from him, and wonder if he has political aspirations? I am afraid he is too direct to be a successful politician.

Of course, I have Seperatist leanings, not to the extent of being an Isolationist, but definitely more of an emphasis on our own strength than being the world's police force.

He was actually elected to congress in the 2010 midterms. he said he immediately intends to joing the congressional black caucus! :lmfao:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, he could become our 7th black president.

According to some historians, Obama is our 6th. The first 5 are:

Harding
Coolidge
Jackson
Lincoln
Jefferson

Evidentally all of them are of black/white mix. It's just that Obama's the first one that looks it and chose to claim that part instead of his other racial percentages.

At least that's what some historians like J.A. Rogers say. I don't know how true it is. I wasn't around back then and documentation wasn't very well preserved at that time.

I think the whole thing is silly. We're either American or we're not. But, as we all know, society doesn't feel the way some of us do.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The same argument could be made for the many Christian/Roman-Catholic/Jewish wars that have been fought throughout the years (i.e. those folks were following exactly what their book says).

Anything can be taken out of context and I doubt everyone giving Col. Allen the big head-nod has actually read the Quraan.

I've got two copies of it here and I argue/debate with a couple of Muslims on a regular basis. The same points that Col West uses to say that Islamist extremist terrorists are doing exactly what the Quraan says can be used against Christianity (and exactly this false-hood is printed on numerous pro-Islam web sites).

The Quraan is like the bible in the respect that its subject to interpretation against itself - meaning that if you can find one thing (out of context) that says something specific and another point that contradicts that first point, there must be some defining context for one of the two points.

The bible has several examples that seem contradictory to the untrained eye, but upon further reading, there are actually different circumstances that explain the reason for the change in direction.

There are several things that God specifically commanded at one point in the bible that now-days Christians can't say "God commanded it, so we should all still be doing" because it was later superseded by another command (if you're a Christian, Peter's dream about unclean/clean food illustrates this in Acts 10:9-16 - this is why Christians can now enjoy catfish :D).

Do I agree with most of what's in the Quraan? No. Do I judge it based on what I heard on the internet or what someone else told me? No.

Col. Allen has a lot of his history correct, but the reasoning behind it is not Islam - that's like saying that Christianity is the reason behind all of the wars (and there are a lot more) that were started in the name of Christianity or specifically Catholicism during Rome's empire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom