Idiot at Thunderbird on jet ski

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never fished Arbuckle lake.
Do you need a permit? or other fees to put the boat on it or fish or park there.
Or are you guys talking about another lake in the area??
Arbuckle does require a boating permit. They have vending machines at the boat ramps for them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fished Okmulgee lake this week. Two days ago there were two drag boats there. One drove about at a time..... So loud that my wife and I could not talk. too small of a lake for this. And the noise

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a respectful, responsible JetSki owner (soon to sell it though). I get why they get a bad rep because of a large chunk are unaware of the rules. However, I now have 2 boats in my inventory (1 ski and 1 fishing) and I am quickly seeing how many boat drivers also have no clue what the rules are.

The same gray bearded guy drove right in front of me in the boating lane recently...looked like early release from McCalester. I was running maybe 35mph and he drove at an angle coming out from shore right across the channel and prob passed in front of me within 50ft! I did not slow down...pedestrians have the right away but not the right to run out in front of a moving truck.

I use T-bird because it is the "nicest" lake close to my house. I like it just fine but too am planning to add Arbuckle to my weekend destinations for fishing and maybe pleasure boating.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I swear the lake turned over..I was there last sunday. ran jugs with fresh shad. I had cut and fillets.
NOT A BITE!
went to the water intake tower and tried against the rocks for sunfish.I always get them there..NOT A BITE!
Not on my line anyway.
Wife got 1 channel cat about 2.5 lb.
Went to the dam in the boat and no bites.. tried on the end near the swimming area and other spots along the rocks.
Not 1 nibble.
What happened?
I have never failed to catch at least a perch.
Shad were slim pickins near the twin bridges too.

I think I will drive farther next time I want to put fish in the boat.
Webbers falls in the arkansas river. will be next.

Fish all day at Tbird nothing and it takes 1hour to get there.
Fish 1/2 a day at the area below lock 16 or below I40 bridge on arkansas river and catch your limit. 2 hours and 30 minutes to get there.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some guys I work with have been fishing at Thunderbird recently from one of their pontoon boats. They had 1 small channel and 1 perch in 2 evening trips that lasted maybe 4hrs each. I went out there Sunday and say black bass jumping all over the place...I only cast a handful of times because I was there to break-in an outboard and I got one sandbass in about 10 casts with a micro rod LOL. I am optimistic despite the reports. I will be sad if I got a new boat and can't catch fish. I think you could always catch some channels up in hog creek? Or maybe over by the Alameda bridge. Also, get you a casting net...makes catching bait much easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom