If a Ban came...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being native Californian, I dealt with the 10 round mag thing there and didnt know what I was missing til I got moved out east and got used to all the access to more freedoms I have out here. I really notice it when I go back to Cali every other month too. You just carry more mags. But it does suck to be told what to do.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could you be satisfied with 10 shot semi auto pistols and rifles and wheel guns, lever actions, bolt actions and shot guns?

Eh JB, you said semi auto pistols with a ten round cap. The ban would cover any pistol that had the ability to take a mag capacity over ten rounds. Not that it does but could. That would effectivly ban all semi auto pistols. Also if this ban follows Hillerys proposed ban Lever action rifles and pump shottys would be considered automatics. Love liberal logic.

Also the old weapons ban said a weapon could have no more than 2 evil opttions or it was an assault weapon. IE.... bayo lug, heat shroud, detachable mag, pistol grip, over ten round capacity mag, and whatever else stupid they could think of. Now they can not have but one before they are considered EVIL assault weapons. And all assult weapons would be on the new list.

Oh and back to the rifle mag capacity with the exception of 22s, No more than 3 or 5 rounds.

If this ban also follows Hillarys, no more scopes with any magnification because they are evil. Only bad guy snipers use those. Hunters dont need them.

So no semi autmatic pistols, you could have bolt actions with a round capacity of less than 5, No semi automatic rifles period, could have wheel guns, no lever actions, no pump shot guns but you could have your old bolt or break shottys.

Could I be satisfied? No way in hell man, no way in hell

Last edited:

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody has been worried about AR's and 30 rnd mags, which I'm ok with what I have, but no one has been paying attention to 1911 magazines, wheel guns, and any magazine that holds 10 or less. What do you think is going to be worth some money if a band is implemented? Our you purchasing for a ban? Don't know about you but I can carry my 1911 with two extra mags and be at peace of mind.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody has been worried about AR's and 30 rnd mags, which I'm ok with what I have, but no one has been paying attention to 1911 magazines, wheel guns, and any magazine that holds 10 or less. What do you think is going to be worth some money if a band is implemented? Our you purchasing for a ban? Don't know about you but I can carry my 1911 with two extra mags and be at peace of mind.

Your 1911 is on the list bud. There are magazines that hold more than ten rounds for it, so now that it has the ability, it is on the list

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You said semi auto pistols with a ten round cap. The ban would cover any pistol that had the ability to take a mag capacity over ten rounds. Not that it does but could. That would effectivly ban all semi auto pistols.

In California you have a list of firearms that you can own and a list that you cant. Its really not a big deal. You get used to looking at the lists when youre looking to buy new firearms. My exMarine exLeo father gave me a Beretta 92F when I graduated HS in San Diego that I took with me when I left home and carried it around for years living in San Francisco/Oakland and at home I had a couple of shotguns and a rifle.

I live in Oklahoma now but I go to my place in California quite a bit and when I go there I have to get there from the Nevada side going up the mountain from Carson City past the Tahoe area then its only about 50 miles up to my place. My house is located in a pretty remote area on the mountain, once you get past Reno and Carson City its just mountain and small towns. The local county sheriff and deputies are really cool and some of them are friends of mine. No one has ever asked me about my firearms or mags or ever been out to my house just to check to see if I have 10 round mags or what firearms I do have there. Going there from here I know what I can take there and have there when I get there and what I cant. I just adjust when I go back there, and to me its really not a big deal.

I totally understand all of the worry here though about what might be happening in the future, even though no one knows for sure yet what is going to happen. Its all just speculation at this point but its also a big deal because people here arent used to ban lists, etc.

Last edited:

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Could you be satisfied with 10 shot semi auto pistols and rifles and wheel guns, lever actions, bolt actions and shot guns?

We don't need to even consider being content with ban criteria if we simply wish to not have it. I think all most of the threads like these are nice but a waste of time because our representives don't read this. We need to communicate TO THEM. Maybe make an official OSA POLL and when it is completed, send it to all local reps and such. Let them know a lot of people are watching and hoping they will do the right thing. That would be more effective than hen talk about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom