If a guy just had to have a .357 lever action...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want one of these in 357 sooooo baaaad
357 and 45LC are becoming common and relatively easy to find compared to the 44 mag. When I do find one for a decent price new it usually one of those two calibers. I have been looking since Henry released them. Have cash in my pocket to cover msrp plus tax. It will be exactly as pictured the way I want it and I will not deviate. Found several variations not interested in them.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stainless Rossi 357 with the 16” barrel would be my top choice for a shooter.

Having had both the Rossi and a extremely nice Marlin in 357 I’d take the Rossi cause I rarely ever took out and shot the Marlin

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is on my wish list as soon as I find one in stock. In 44 mag. for a reasonable price. If you can find them in 44 mag. the price is usually $500 above msrp.

Where are you getting your prices?
I'm curious b/c someone wants to buy my .44 mag and I have no idea what it's worth.
(not the same gun you are looing for)

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you getting your prices?
I'm curious b/c someone wants to buy my .44 mag and I have no idea what it's worth.
(not the same gun you are looing for)
I have shopped all over the country, gun broker, Buds Guns, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Midway, independent gun stores. Most do not have in stock and do not know when will be available. From what I'm getting talking to gun stores the issue is just with the Color Case Hardened 44 mag caliber and Henry production.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry big boy x 38/357. That thing is movie quite suppressed. @dlbleak shot it. We forgot to chamber a round for the first shot. So. It was a dry fire. It had the same noise level as the 2nd shot where a round was fired. (Shooting 38 spc)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Henry big boy x 38/357. That thing is movie quite suppressed. @dlbleak shot it. We forgot to chamber a round for the first shot. So. It was a dry fire. It had the same noise level as the 2nd shot where a round was fired. (Shooting 38 spc)
Which suppressor? I imagine it has more to do with it being "movie quite" than the rifle.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I still have the videos, showed the one with the ap5 to the wife today. I was trying to convince her that WE need another can. Kinda went over like a fart in church…

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have the videos, showed the one with the ap5 to the wife today. I was trying to convince her that WE need another can. Kinda went over like a fart in church…
If she didn’t throw a fit then proceed like it’s a yes. NO it’s NOT a yes but the repercussions aren’t as bad as a hard no. I hate when I proceed when I was given a hard no.

Latest posts

Top Bottom