If I site in my scope on 8 power what happens to impact if i zoom in or out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's worth checking. I'd sight in, change zoom, put a couple shots down range to see if they stay the same. I had a BSA 8-32x (came on an AR I traded for) that would walk when changing magnification. What's worse, it wouldn't return to the same point.

That because it was a BSA. That stuff is airsoft quality at best. :nolike:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That because it was a BSA. That stuff is airsoft quality at best. :nolike:

I swore off BSA entirely many years ago. Too many problems. I had two of them that the reticles actually rotated about 45 degrees ... one of them on the very first shot from a 7.62x39. That was it. Done.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I swore off BSA entirely many years ago. Too many problems. I had two of them that the reticles actually rotated about 45 degrees ... one of them on the very first shot from a 7.62x39. That was it. Done.

I've owned two, both came with guns I acquired, and will never purchase one. And will probably consider one a negative on a gun I'm considering.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there's one on a gun I'm considering, I give it "zero" value. If they want to take it off and keep it, that's fine. I'm not paying anything extra for it. If the gun itself is not worth the asking price, no deal.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If there's one on a gun I'm considering, I give it "zero" value. If they want to take it off and keep it, that's fine. I'm not paying anything extra for it. If the gun itself is not worth the asking price, no deal.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Maybe even consider it a negative.

I know when I look at cars, if they have "dubz" or whatever on them (especially if there are issues with the car), I start to question the maintenance priorities of the owner.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned two, both came with guns I acquired, and will never purchase one. And will probably consider one a negative on a gun I'm considering.

To determine if your scope is good, you square it.
Shoot a round, let the barrel cool, (if your scope is 1/4 per inch at 100, adjust 4 clicks to the left, shoot, 4 clicks down, shoot, 4 clicks to the right, shoot, and so on to make sure your scope is true to the muzzle.
Of course a great trigger would make this much simpler and verifiable as an another answer to another thread. The shooter has to have solid rests to verify the validation of squaring the rifle to the scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom