If you had the money to purchase a Benchmade Auto knife which one would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been collecting since the law was signed. Can't go wrong with the Stryker, AFO II, 6800 APB or the Bedlam. I prefer the black finished tanto blades although I have some drop points. The Bedlam and 6800 APB can be fired from either side. I must say the Bedlam has a nasty ass blade.
During my research on high end auto's I came across Protech knives and can tell you they are pure quality. Fit and finish are top notch.You snap one open you better have a grip on it or it will fly out of your hand. They open with great authority.

I almost went with a Protech Newport but after dealing with Benchmades customer service I had to go with them again. I sent an OLD Benchmade 800 in with a broken spacer expecting them to contact me with an repair estimate, less than a week later I got a UPS shipping notification, they fixed it and shipped it back at NO CHARGE! Can't beat CS like that. I carried that knife almost daily for about 10 years and it still works smooth and locks up tight.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost went with a Protech Newport but after dealing with Benchmades customer service I had to go with them again. I sent an OLD Benchmade 800 in with a broken spacer expecting them to contact me with an repair estimate, less than a week later I got a UPS shipping notification, they fixed it and shipped it back at NO CHARGE! Can't beat CS like that. I carried that knife almost daily for about 10 years and it still works smooth and locks up tight.
Benchmade warranty and CS are known as top notch. It is my understanding Protech also has great CS. Was on the new BM site recently and it appears they no longer charge $5.00 to sharpen ur knife under their life sharp program. Keep in mind that if you don't fall within the 1958 Federal Switchblade act they will not ship ur knife back to you after service. You have to go through a local authorized dealer. I'm sure Protech is the same.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WP_20150524_008.jpg

My CLA4300. I really like this knife

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of people around here (Duncan) who aren't collectors (including myself) have bought mini griptilians just to sample the benchmade brand. The price is affordable and it's still a Benchmade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom