I'm almost ashamed to say this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I like shooting my CZ P-01 more than my Sig P228r.

I don't know if its the smaller grip, but I can manipulate it faster in decocking, dropping/changing mags, my grip seems more natural and faster (and I forgot how well the CZ rubber grip panels grip - though it is a pain when they get hold of your undershirt in an IWB holster and start pulling it out).

Aside from the difficulty in slide-manipulation due to the slide-in-frame design of the P-01, it might well be the perfect gun for my tiny clown hands.

I actually stopped carrying the P-01 a few years back due to not having the right holster for it and the beaver-tail spearing me in my side constantly, but I've since got a different holster and have started carrying it as much if not more than the P228r.

I never thought I'd sell the P228r, but I'm really thinking of getting another P-01 for the wife and if I'm not going to carry the P228, then...

Man, I fell like I should be kicked out of the fanboy club or something now.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from the difficulty in slide-manipulation due to the slide-in-frame design of the P-01, it might well be the perfect gun for my tiny clown hands.

This is one of the main reasons I sold my CZs. I really liked them other than that.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZ,

This will sound like somethin from the 70s, but if it feels good, use it.

Not all of us have large paws, and while that Sig has a little prestige with the name, it ain't right for everybody.

I have the opposite problem (my hands are large).

Important thing is to shoot, practice often.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
medium hands here and the CZ is juuuust right. The Witness large frame is just a hair too big. I can thumb the safety off no problem, but thumbing it on takes just a hair too much edge of my thumb.

Never had a problem with the slide on my Witness, but it does have much larger slide cuts than any CZ.
Might see if a smith can do something to make the slide more grippy for you.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well - while I've never questioned the reliability of my CZ, I don't think its nearly the gun the P228 is. I've got a little more than 400rds through the CZ but its mostly been a secondary carry gun.

I've got around 700rds straight with no cleaning (after dropping mags in the dirt/mud, training in the rain, etc...) in my P226 Frankenstein gun (P226 Blackwater frame/barrel w/Combat slide), and around 1100rds total with not a single malfunction other than the slide not locking back on my wife/daughter (limp-wristing) with regular mags, or on two occasions not locking back on the empty 20rd hi-cap mags.

It has yet to FTF, FTE, light-strike, fail into or out of battery, or fail to cycle in any way other than that. I shoot the P228 every now and then, but not nearly as hard, but I trust it just the same (maybe even more since its a roll-pin west-German slide/frame).

I don't know, I got the 228 out tonight and I honestly think with some thinner grips, it might fit my hand perfectly.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly liked everything about my 75B much better than the 226 I owned. I too have girlish hands. I see the CZ as the superior gun. The price tag doesn't make me ashamed to say it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom