I'm almost ashamed to say this, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I like shooting my CZ P-01 more than my Sig P228r.

I don't know if its the smaller grip, but I can manipulate it faster in decocking, dropping/changing mags, my grip seems more natural and faster (and I forgot how well the CZ rubber grip panels grip - though it is a pain when they get hold of your undershirt in an IWB holster and start pulling it out).

Aside from the difficulty in slide-manipulation due to the slide-in-frame design of the P-01, it might well be the perfect gun for my tiny clown hands.

I actually stopped carrying the P-01 a few years back due to not having the right holster for it and the beaver-tail spearing me in my side constantly, but I've since got a different holster and have started carrying it as much if not more than the P228r.

I never thought I'd sell the P228r, but I'm really thinking of getting another P-01 for the wife and if I'm not going to carry the P228, then...

Man, I fell like I should be kicked out of the fanboy club or something now.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I gave up on double stack Sigs many years ago. My short stubby fingers are just too short.

Both of these guys bought a double stack Sig from me. Go figure???

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both of these guys bought a double stack Sig from me. Go figure???

I bought more than one from you man :D

I'm not ready to let this P228 go yet, but when I've got something like the P-01 to compare it to for fit to my hands, its definitely noticeable.

Lots of people like the CZ's, personally I found my Sig 226 quite lacking, so I sold it.

Yeah, but you're talking about speed right? My main concern is reliability. Its well more than accurate enough, and with the training I'm doing lately, I'm fast enough to feel comfortable defending myself with it.

If I were to try and seriously compete in a bunch of matches, I'd probably want something faster too.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the CZ P-01. It is on my short list of carry 9s I want to acquire.

Great balance, decent sights, very natural pointing weapon and the price is right. I've got large hands and have no trouble manipulating the slide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom