I'm an idiot, and my Glock is awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm ashamed to say that while shooting the other day, I grabbed my gear and a few boxes of shells and ran out to some private property to shoot. I hadn't pulled the trigger for a few months and I hurriedly loaded up a mag into my G22. The property owner was new to shooting so I handed him my weapon to give a whirl.

The first shot went off, but was way way low. Then it jammed, which blew my mind because I had never had a misfire with my Glock. I had him rack the slide and the next round went low again and then misfire. My other buddy who swears by XD's was giggling the whole time. I picked up some of the ejected shells and they had firing pin marks?

Turned out that I'm an idiot and I loaded my wife's monarch 9mm instead of my monarch .40 into my .40 pistol. :loser:

Knock on wood, I've never had an Negligent Discharge or done anything else stupid with my weapon, but I've got both eyes open now!

OK confessions over, I'm back to an internet shooting master who shoots 1 moa at 1000 yards with a pistol. Off handed :thumb:

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the same thing with .40 ammo in my .45 except I never fired it. The rounds fell out of the barrel.

....er.......I mean, what a dumb ass thing to do ;)

BC

LOL, well at least we did it at the range and not in our carry weapon. It would really be embarrassing to have to throw my pistol at a bad-guy! (cuz I throw like a girl....)

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't remember where but I recently saw a picture of an officers patrol rifle in his car, with the magazine put in the weapon upside down. You could see the brass from outside the car... At least 9mm and .40 cal glock mags look alike, easy mistake if you arent paying attention, but getting an AR magazine installed UPSIDE DOWN?!? That takes the cake. Hope you feel better

Latest posts

Top Bottom